Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mosquito two way selector

Article about: Nice work and items,you can use P4-P8-P11 compasses for the Mosquito depending on what Mk, you choose to build. The silver pump in the last photos is a windscreen de-icer,that pumps raw fuel

?

Default Mosquito two way selector

Just thought I would share some pictures of this Mosquito selector,I have just unwrapped for the first time since it was made.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosquito two way selector   Mosquito two way selector  

Mosquito two way selector   Mosquito two way selector  

Default Re: Mosquito two way selector

Very nice, truly mint!

Was this to regulate fuel from one tank to another?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade.

If I remember correctly,It is u/c and flaps.
    This unit is for a fighter variant,The bomber would have had a third lever for bomb bay doors.

regards Gary

Hi Gary, thanks for the info.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I thought instead of starting a new thread,I would just add these to this one.
    Many years ago I wanted to start a instrument panel project,Spitfire or lancaster panels are the first choice for most people,I decided Mosquito,My reasons,I like the mossie,I live near an old raf base that flew Mosquitos and Guy gibson was based here also.
    The panels themselves are true to scale,But are made from 3mm Aluminium,As I am a sheet worker and metal was avalaible.
    I did start to make a control coloum,This is from an Airspeed Oxford and DH Vampire,The top is the same,But needed to convert shaft and linkage,This is still work in progress and I will post a photo later.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosquito two way selector   Mosquito two way selector  

?

Nice work Mossie, wartime panels are getting very expensive to make. There was an original Mosquito left hand panel in my ATC museum when it shut. I didn't manage to 'rescue' it but did get a named Vulcan ejection seat.

?

Hi Ian

Yes,It was hard to find the instruments,The hardest and most expensive was the u/c indicator.The panels themself,Are hens teeth that's why I decided to make them.
    I need to mount them alltogether and make some rudder pedals.

Bet the Vulcan seat looks cool !

Regards Gary

?

Here are a couple of mine, Mossie, difficult to say which is the most expensive bit of a Spit panel, a genuine UC indicator just sold on ebay for £2225! mine was a tenner from a local antique shop. Flap lever came from fifteen feet under Birkenhead park and the rest came from aerojumbles and ebay. The Lanc bomb aimer's panel has a couple of original switches from a field where Lancs were scrapped afrter the war.

?

Its nice to see a spit panel with original instruments,And yes did see the u/c on ebay and nearly feel off my chair,I have one somewhere in the loft.
    It's always the left side of a spit panel that are the hardest to get.

Regards Gary

?

these are a few instruments that I came across today in the loft,Will probably use these in the Mosquito panel.

Not sure which is the correct compass for a Mossie,But I have a P8 and a P11.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast