Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery components from NACA

Article about: Hi...new here. I have these parts and I will tell you what I think I know. They came from the basement of 90 year old Czeck who claims to have been involved with NACA (the precursor to NASA)

899ccs
    ?

Default Mystery components from NACA

Hi...new here. I have these parts and I will tell you what I think I know. They came from the basement of 90 year old Czeck who claims to have been involved with NACA (the precursor to NASA) he also claims to have been involved with Lockheed Grumman Boeing at various times before during and after WW2. He talked about how he designed different systems mostly for Missiles. He was vauge on this but he was very near death. He designed telemetry guidance and tracking systems not sure if it was air to air surface to air or what. He worked on fuels and materials for missile tech but also airframe and aero space projects and I have found documents with his name associated on purchase orders for a local NACA group out of the local college here. National Advisory Commitee for Aeronautics. I always thought they focused on wind tunnel stuff and they came up with that duct any way apparently he was also invoved with New Mexico bomb testing facility Edwards air base and dare I say Nellis?? Take a look at these parts. These are from the late 40's supposedly.
    The quality is far superior to any known aircraft of that era (in my opinion) The quality is so good it would look right at home on a modern piece of equipment yet we are to believe it is 65 years old. There is an ENGAGE button. That is a rare rare button. Only the small guage has a manufacture name on it and the Dial light push to test has one two, no other component has a manufacture name. They are geared as if timed. Push to release is also a rare control item but the quality is astonishing. They are heavy as far as components go and have a precise gun like feel to them. What in hell are they? I have yet to scour the basement laborotory for any other associated parts but I found a small box with some other equally impressive bracketry. The box was labeled " Intercom Tone Modulated " then there is a frequency number and then it says " Transmitter"
    Thank you for taking the time to offer some input
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery components from NACA   Mystery components from NACA  

Mystery components from NACA   Mystery components from NACA  

Mystery components from NACA   Mystery components from NACA