Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

P51-D Mustang

Article about: by Darren Lillington Not a fan of the mustang with its pot belly and lines, just my opinion though but in many repects a great plane. Just not my cup of tea. Well,you know what they say,..Je

Default Re: P51-D Mustang

Bf-109 is my favorite.
    Attached Images Attached Images P51-D Mustang 

geedee
    ?

Default Re: P51-D Mustang

Have to say that the '51D is my fave fighter. Sleek, purposeful, deadly...and drop dead gorgeous to boot ! .

I'm currently scratch building a full scale 51D cockpit (firewall to just behind the seat) and am about 35% of the way through the build.

Next to the '51, its got to be the mighty Corsair.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P51-D Mustang   P51-D Mustang  

?

I would say fw190

For me the Yak 3 .... not only beautiful but deadly in a dogfight!

Marcel Albert, World War II French ace, who flew the Yak-3 in USSR with the Normandie-NiƩmen Group, considered it a superior aircraft when compared to the P-51D Mustang and the Spitfire.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P51-D Mustang  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

My love for military aircrafts started with the Corsair! I simply love it! what a color and a beautiful piece of engineering.

but speed wise, I would go for the beautiful Merlin engine...the Spitfire and the P51 mustang are both on my top of the list! These two planes inspire me so much! I hope to see them fly in real life! that would be so awesome!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8