Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

P51-D Mustang

Article about: by Darren Lillington Not a fan of the mustang with its pot belly and lines, just my opinion though but in many repects a great plane. Just not my cup of tea. Well,you know what they say,..Je

Default Re: P51-D Mustang

or XIV?

?

Hi all , i`m a newby and just like to say congrats to all members for some great reading . The knowledge on this site is unbelievable , love it !
    Spitfire for me , see one in the air sends shivers down my spine ! Although the mustang is a close second , (the car is nice though !!!) By the way was that photo taken in kissimmee FL. ?
    For jets love the Tornado !

cheers , Alan

?

Best looking piston powered plane of WWII, hmmmmm...

The Dornier 335 Pfeil (arrow) ofcourse!

It has two props hence is twice as twice as good looking as any other plane of that era!

I am ofcourse just kidding, but actually the Pfeil is one of my favourites

Dornier 335 Pfeil

Dornier 335 Pfeil

At some point, I have to go see the one at the Smithsonian.

I like some other odd ones like the P61

P61

Only a few of those about these days. Here is one i Bejing of all places

P61

The Grumman Duck is also an odd duck (sorry for the pun), but the list of great planes just goes on and on.

Grumman Duck

But I digress. For sheer good looks, I would have to go with either the Mustang, The Spit or the Focke Wulf 190 Würger (strangler)

Focke Wulf 190

Or maybe the Focke Wulf in TA 152 guise. Kurt Tank design with a long nose and a great high altitude fighter and bomber killer

At a local air station here in Denmark english troops in 1945supposedly bulldozed several FW 190s and possibly some TA152 to prevent anybody using them. This happened at "Fliegerhorst Grove" which after the war became Airstation Karup - a huge NATO airfield. It breaks my heart to think of it. Imagine a FW190 or a TA152 on display at your local museum (and do not mention the FW at Hendon - I was so disappointed, when I saw that plane years ago. Crappy two-seater with ill-fitting cockpit. The mental picture of it still haunts me ;-) )

?

Scout ,
    Fantastic image of the Duck , thanks for posting
    cheers Alan

?

Glad to be of service

I wish I had taken that pic.

?

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    Hi all , i`m a newby and just like to say congrats to all members for some great reading . The knowledge on this site is unbelievable , love it !
    Spitfire for me , see one in the air sends shivers down my spine ! Although the mustang is a close second , (the car is nice though !!!) By the way was that photo taken in kissimmee FL. ?
    For jets love the Tornado !

cheers , Alan
    Hi Alan,I dont know where the P51 pic was taken, the Spitfire pic was taken in Canada,it is a Mark XVIe model...welcome to the forum.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Hi Alan,I dont know where the P51 pic was taken, the Spitfire pic was taken in Canada,it is a Mark XVIe model...welcome to the forum.
    Thanks for the welcome , and the photos!!
    cheers Al

Where is the P-61 located?

evan9201
    ?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I must admit the Spit has a certain appeal to it, it`s a long lean killing machine, anyone (besides Ade the expert ) care to guess which mark of Spit this is?
    MKVIII (mark 8)

?

Quote by evan9201 View Post
    MKVIII (mark 8)
    Hi, it`s a MKXVIe ( Mark 16e )...Zwerge.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast