Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

pensioners from Lincolnshire have restored a rare WWII Lancaster bomber

Article about: by Gunny Hartmann Yeah, but Merlins were common to both!.. Yeah, and I also had SU carbs on my Mini Cooper years ago !!! I have worked on SU carbs quite alot and I am still amazed they worke

Default Re: pensioners from Lincolnshire have restored a rare WWII Lancaster bomber

Cheers Ned!....

Default Re: pensioners from Lincolnshire have restored a rare WWII Lancaster bomber

Good luck tomorrow Guny !!

Guys,

Home now and reading my History of the Broughton Factory Book, ( I grew up in Broughton and have worked at the Broughton Factory in the past )

It’s now confirmed, Mosquito’s were built after the war at the Broughton Factory!!! I knew I had heard the tale correctly!! I will be trying to scan in some interesting pictures of both Mossies’ and Lancaster’s being built at Broughton today if anyone is interested!!

Nice one!....

Here we go if anyone is interested.

Being as the thread started discussing the Lancaster that may very soon be joining the Broughton Built Beauty in the skies over the UK again, here are a few pictures of the Broughton Lancaster production line, and indeed the current BBMF Lancaster could well be among these pictures!! I have also walked up and down these very floors so many times !! I hope you like them

Very interesting photos, cheers for posting them mate.

Too end the thread, last but not least by any means, some pictures of the final Mosqito production at Broughton, Chester, also with some interesting txt. I have thrown in a picture of some Hornets as well for good measure. Gunny, I feel what you were told all those years ago was most likely true !! I have to say, The DH Mosquito has to be my favourite Bristish aircraft of WW2, a true British design, who else on earth would have built an aeroplane nearly entirely of good old fashioned wood !! Brilliant ! Call this my little tribute to the Broughton Factory and people ! Thats me done !

I got in touch with another guy who worked at Naylors, he too reckoned the wing ribs were for a Mosquito.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I got in touch with another guy who worked at Naylors, he too reckoned the wing ribs were for a Mosquito.
    No doubt in my mind at all now mate, ! Nice one !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5