Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Post your Ju52 skin fragments here

Article about: I know this is a specific relic that most people don't collect, but I find them VERY interesting. Skin fragments from the Luftwaffe's work horse, the Ju52. These parts are easily identifiabl

Default Post your Ju52 skin fragments here

I know this is a specific relic that most people don't collect, but I find them VERY interesting. Skin fragments from the Luftwaffe's work horse, the Ju52. These parts are easily identifiable, as the whole plane was constructed using corrugated aluminum. The majority of the skin fragments I see pop up on the market are from the Volgograd region. So if you would like to start collecting them, check with sellers from that area. I thought I would kick off this thread with some photos of ones from my collection. Cant wait to see what other fragments you guys will post here. If any one else will post here at all, these are not the most common items people collect LoL.

Best regards- Jarret

Post your Ju52 skin fragments herePost your Ju52 skin fragments herePost your Ju52 skin fragments herePost your Ju52 skin fragments here

This large section just arrived today! Really awesome piece, and defiantly the largest Ju52 skin fragment ive bought yet. Appears to be a section from the wing area?

Best regards- Jarret

Post your Ju52 skin fragments herePost your Ju52 skin fragments herePost your Ju52 skin fragments here

Interesting collection of pieces. I've been to several plane crash sites in the Nevada desert. Military and civilian. I'd love to visit some battlefield crash sites. Some people take offense to removing pieces from crash sites. I think with military crashes, collecting pieces can help people remember the sacrifice of pilots on all sides. If left in the field, these pieces will melt into the earth and the crews will pretty much be forgotten. I like how you try to obtain as much info as you can. I'm not keen on people taking pieces from civilian plane crashes. Whole different set of circumstances.

Jay

Thank you Jay! I have a fascination with these Luftwaffe crash site relics. Like you said they show the sacrifice made by the brave men on board the plane. Very interesting that you have visited actual crash sites before. It must have been a VERY memorable experience for you. I very much agree with you too. I feel better that these relics are being preserved rather then sitting in the elements in Russia. Yes I always try to obtain as much info as possible about these parts I receive. Sometimes the sellers don't provide any info what so ever, and the research is solely my responsibly. But every now and then, some sellers will give me some info such as- location of the crash, werk nummer, etc. The most important info is the werk nummer. If I have the number I can type that into a data base and possibly find loads of VERY interesting info. Date of the crash, cause of the crash, name of crew members.

Best regards- Jarret

That's great you are doing your research. There are numerous websites which list plane crashes across the US. The Nevada, Arizona, and California deserts are covered with military crashes. Most the pilots ejected and survived but not all. Some of the crashes in remote desert areas or high in the mountains, large sections of the plane are still present. There's a B-17 crash at a high altitude in California I would love to see one day. Large chunks of the B-17 still exist, the plane did not burn.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    That's great you are doing your research. There are numerous websites which list plane crashes across the US. The Nevada, Arizona, and California deserts are covered with military crashes. Most the pilots ejected and survived but not all. Some of the crashes in remote desert areas or high in the mountains, large sections of the plane are still present. There's a B-17 crash at a high altitude in California I would love to see one day. Large chunks of the B-17 still exist, the plane did not burn.

Jay
    WOW! it would be awesome to visit a site like that where large fragments of the plane are still sitting around. Its really good it didn't burn either, the parts would be in a terrible condition if it did. I have a box of parts from a Ju87 crash site in Ukraine, and you can tell it burned for a good amount of time after the crash. The evidence is clear.

Best regards- Jarret

Just got another interesting Ju52 relic today. I have no Idea what section of the plane this came off of, but its without a doubt from the infamous Ju52. It has this very nice data plate on it, and it contains loads of info. After doing some cleaning, and investigating with a magnifying glass; this is what I read

ALLGEMEINE TRANSPORTANLAGEN GESELLSCHAFT M.B. MASCHINENFABRIK
    ??? Junkers LEIPZIG W32
    Serie D288R
    ??? 80?503 807102
    Typ/Grp Ju52 3mg?e LORVX38
    K.M. 64

Post your Ju52 skin fragments herePost your Ju52 skin fragments herePost your Ju52 skin fragments herePost your Ju52 skin fragments here

?

Looks like the end plate from an elevator. Nice label!

Quote by ian_ View Post
    Looks like the end plate from an elevator. Nice label!
    Thank you! I think you may be right. Now that you said that, I can see this piece coming from that area of the plane.

Best regards- Jarret

An older thread - ( and one I missed the first time around ) but I can add my skin example.

This piece also came from a seller in Volgograd and while it cannot be proven, probably from one of the many that operated out of Tatsinskaya or Pitomnik Airfields
    ( 70 were lost at Tatsinskaya alone when it was overrun )

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your Ju52 skin fragments here   Post your Ju52 skin fragments here  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "