Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Probably a german plane ?

Article about: Hello, Thank you Ned for your complete answer. The member Crash has posted again to say that indeed it could not be the idea he had. I know for the moment what it is not. Thank you for all t

Default Re: Probably a german plane ?

Hello,
    Thank you Ned for your complete answer.
    The member Crash has posted again to say that indeed it could not be the idea he had.
    I know for the moment what it is not. Thank you for all the time you spend to try to find solution.
    Best regards.
    ZP

Hello,
    The member Crash indicates he goes on looking for the solution, but that would not be FW190.
    Investigation is not finished indeed...
    ZP

Hello,
    The member "Crash" has found the same piece, on a website about the fallen planes in Normandy. This website asked to visitors to identify it... without succees it seems I am afraid... Tha was in 2003 !

Picture bottom of page :

association normande du souvenir aerien 39-45

Best regards.
    ZP

Hello,
    The member "Crash" found another infomation : it could be a piece of Brewster buffalo.
    ZP

Quote by ze-pole View Post
    Hello,
    The member "Crash" found another infomation : it could be a piece of Brewster buffalo.
    ZP
    I am of the understanding that only 3 Brewster Buffaloes made it to France in 1940 after the capitulation of Belgium, arriving on the 28th May. It has been mooted that 2 saw action against the Luftwaffe, but it has also been said that only one was ever in France, and that was captured intact by the Germans. Maybe 2 were lost in action and one captured intact, either way it's a massive summisation that the armoured glass you have is from one of these aircraft. I think your collegue 'Crash' is stretching it a bit, but hey, who knows?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

If I was to make a guess based on general appearance and shape I to would run with Fw-190 as Ned has.Feels right.
    Cheers
    Dave
    That,s one nice 1/32 109 Ned.Well done mate.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 03-28-2012 at 01:35 AM. Reason: more text

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    If I was to make a guess based on general appearance and shape I to would run with Fw-190 as Ned has.Feels right.
    Cheers
    Dave
    That,s one nice 1/32 109 Ned.Well done mate.
    Not mine Dave, I only do r/c tanks. As for the armoured glass, why not some French type like a Dewotine, Morane-Saulnier or my favourite for the cigar a Bloch, specifically a 152, see below ( I know it's only a drawing, but it's all I've got!) Not right maybe, but a better bet than a Buffalo....I still like the FW-190 guess most though!

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Probably a german plane ? 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It would be interesting to research Armée de l'Air operations over Normandy in 1940.
    I feel by the time the Blitzkrieg rolled through Normandy in 1940 the Armée de l'Air was finished as a fighting force and any air combat over this region would have been minimal.
    Just a thought.

Hello,
    On a french forum, some of the members would indicate Hawker/tempest/typhoon.
    But informatons are difficult to find about the size.
    Best regards.
    ZP

?

Ned, well founded arguments for it to be a FW and not a Bf 109...or any of the others mentioned

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast