Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

'Quiz: Name that Aircraft'

Article about: Good Evening / Morning, Ladies and Gentlemen Looking through some very old posts, I came across a few initiated by Zwerge. They were about: 'Name that aircraft'. I'd like to update these, bu

I'm currently at work, but I will give a hint as it seems a little more difficult than I first envisaged.

Look at the plane - what type is it? (fighter, scout, bomber)

Look at the Port wing - what is on the top wing? (Will assist in the determining of the nationality)

Now, give it another whirl.

Cheers
    Tim

so ugly, which usually means Gotha

Gotha GVI?

Quote by Allegra View Post
    Quiz #14:

The final one for the night.

I would like the full name and model of the aircraft.

Only the one image will be shown.

I don't think it will be overly difficult.

Cheers

Attachment 807777

Edit: I think there needs to be a time line set for this thread, though I'm happy to reconsider....please see Post #4 'League Table'.
    Gotha G.I

Strike, I actually know this one!

Its a Gotha bomber ... not many were built, I think it was the first variant?

Edit. Damn, Gunny beat me to it!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    so ugly, which usually means Gotha

Gotha GVI?
    As Maxwell Smart would say: 'Missed it by that much'. Bad luck!

Cheers
    Tim

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Gotha G.I
    Congrats Gunny - Quite impressed actually!

That's another point for you.

Cheers

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Strike, I actually know this one!

Its a Gotha bomber ... not many were built, I think it was the first variant?

Edit. Damn, Gunny beat me to it!
    Bad luck Dan - it is indeed - I'll post more when I get home.

As promised, the additional information concerning Quiz 14.

The prototype first flew on 30 January 1915 and was inspected by an Idflieg engineer on 20 February. A report confirmed that the aircraft conformed to the specification, and Ursinus' claims about the excellent field of fire and advantages of the design in single-engine operation. However, he also noted that the aircraft was difficult to fly, lacking in structural integrity, dangerous to the crew in the event of a crash landing, and underpowered. Despite its shortcomings, the FU was sent to the front, assigned to Feld Flieger Abteilung 28 reconnaissance unit at Ujatz on the Russian Front in early 1915.

With the design proved under service conditions, the Idflieg issued a contract on 1 April for series production to Gothaer Waggonfabrik AG, which acquired a license from Ursinus, who held the patent to the design. Gothaer chief engineer Hans Burkhard simplified and refined the design, which was originally known as the Gotha-Ursinus-Heeresflugzeug (Gotha Ursinus Army Aircraft), or "GUH," later known as the Gotha G.I or Gotha-Ursinus G.I. The first production aircraft was completed on 27 July 1915. These aircraft were powered by two 110 kW (150 hp) Benz Bz.III engines. Gothaer Waggonfabrik built 18 G.I aircraft in three batches of six before production ceased at the end of the year. The final batch was powered by 120 kW (160 hp) Mercedes D.III engines and featured an extra defensive machine gun and nearly double the armor of previous examples.

Cheer

Quiz #15:

A relatively easy way to ease into the night.

I am after the name of the pilot (an Ace as you are able to see) on the extreme left of this photograph and the name of one of the aircraft that he flew.

One point will be awarded for the correct identification of the pilot and one point for the name and model of the plane shown below.

Good luck!

The pilot:

The aircraft:

The pilots Hans Joachim Buddecke, General Otto Liman von Sanders, Oswald Boelcke in turkey. Was in a book i was recently reading.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast