Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

'Quiz: Name that Aircraft'

Article about: Good Evening / Morning, Ladies and Gentlemen Looking through some very old posts, I came across a few initiated by Zwerge. They were about: 'Name that aircraft'. I'd like to update these, bu

Oh come on - it took me longer to do the post than to answer it Morris!

Congratulations - that's one point!

Cheers

Still after the name and model of the aircraft.

I really enjoy reading about the German/Turkish alliance of WW1 its intricacy is most interesting. However the aircraft, i have no idea.

It is indeed a fascinating subject.

After having a look around the best answer i could give would be some form of early war Halberstadt?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    After having a look around the best answer i could give would be some form of early war Halberstadt?
    Well, you are almost there, but I did ask for the model as well as the name of the aircraft.....

?

Halberstadt DII.......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Halberstadt DII.......Pete.
    It is indeed - well done!

And that's a point to you.

The D.II was the production version of the experimental D.I. Lightened to improve performance, it also featured staggered wings and a more powerful 120 hp Mercedes D.II engine. The side and frontal radiators that had been tried in the D.I were replaced by a wing mounted radiator, similar to that later used by the Albatros D.III and D.V. The two bay wings were very strongly braced, with the trailing edge a wooden member, as opposed to the wire or cable common on many World War I German single-engined aircraft. Photographic evidence indicates that many examples were rigged with washout on the lower wings – giving the impression of a curved or twisted lower wing trailing edge.

Note: To be fair, I have again consulted with my colleague and have decided to award Morris with half a point.

bum.

Quiz #16

A nice gentle way to ease into the weekend.

I am after the name and model of this aircraft. Only the one image will be used.

As it is a fairly well known picture, I do not believe it will take a great deal of time before someone (Yes - I'm looking at you Morris, Pete and Gunny in particular!) gives me the answer.

Cheers

'Quiz: Name that Aircraft'

?

Royal Aircraft Factory B.E.2
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast