Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

R.A.A.F built Mosquito's

Article about: Found this gents and thought others may be interested. These are fantastic aeroplanes, it's interesting seeing how they were built. Cheers, Dave.

Default R.A.A.F built Mosquito's

Found this gents and thought others may be interested. These are fantastic aeroplanes, it's interesting seeing how they were built.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Hi Dave, cheers mate... Have loved these plans since a was a child. Used to have a model of one hanging from the ceiling with cotton diving on a ME 109. De Havilland used to have a plant 50 miles from where I live. There's a museum now.

de Havilland Museum

That's a great looking museum mate, just had a look at the link you posted. I used to have a model Mosquito when I was a kid too, I reckon they're great looking planes. I actually saw a model kit about a year ago, it's a 1/24 scale kit so pretty big and very detailed. Unfortunately it would take someone with a fair degree of modelling skill to do it justice, something I lack in!

thanks Dave.

I love these planes too. My dad helped build wings
    for the Mosquito - and Avro Anson - at Massey-
    Harris in Toronto.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hi Dave. I have seen this clip before its a little ripper, an interesting fact you may or may not know is the first lot they built here were grounded as the glue used in the construction of the Mossie didn't like the Aussie heat and some of them fell apart while in flight.

Greg

Quote by Studly View Post
    Hi Dave. I have seen this clip before its a little ripper, an interesting fact you may or may not know is the first lot they built here were grounded as the glue used in the construction of the Mossie didn't like the Aussie heat and some of them fell apart while in flight.

Greg
    " why did you lower the flaps?"
    " I didn't" ........ arghh!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Studly View Post

Greg
    Cheers Greg, somewhere I have read that about the glue but had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. That would have been a pretty scary experience to look out the window to see pieces of your aeroplane peeling off!

?

One of the ones that came unstuck happened over Sydney and mushed in.

Greg

Great footage! The 'Wooden Wonder' is so iconic and gave the enemy a scare!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem