Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE???

Article about: This very kinda relics are the dream of Luftwaffe collectors and i believe dreams don't come true.....Fake for me also...

Default Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE???

Firstly i have no idea what section to post this thread in so i am sorry if i have misplaced it Okay i have seen these two relics from a ME109 (Swas tail fin, division plate) But i have no idea if they are being reproduced and if these look original? The Swastika is 13 inches by 13 inches if this helps?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE???   Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE???  

Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE???   Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE???  

Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE???   Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE???  

Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE???  
    Attached Images Attached Images Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE???  Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE??? 

Default Re: Relics from a ME 109, HELP PLEASE???

Hi Glen, thse are faked due to high demand and high prices. Expect to several thousand pounds for original items such as these. I strongly believe these are fake.

With items like this you need to compare rivet patterns, box sections, etc, etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ok Cheers Ade and thanks for moving the thread
    Thanks, Glen.

?

the part with the swastika says in the listing that its more than likely a fake. I looked at it the other day.

pretty sure that if it was real someone would be able to verify it

Yes I know what the listing said... but like I said,"I don't know if they are being reproduced" as I haven't seen any for sale and i wanted find out!
    Thanks, Glen.

?

I reckon the " richthoffen " squadron "shield would be highly desirable among collectors.....a nice swastika tail section, and the sheild would be one of those "too good to be true"

I'd love these sort of peices, not my area, but it would be nice to own a recognizable large section of aircraft like these

?

You should ask for shots of the rear of these peices, just to say what remains of the interior bracing of the skins

?

I just noticed th pics of the rear...sorry....I have handled some peices of wrecked B25's, and on all the peices of skin, sections larger thsn yours, if thre is recessed bolts on the front, ou would expect to see the bolts coming thru the back with some parts of the internsl framing attached...seems the rear of these lack any signs of it having been attatched to an aircraft

They really do look like aged and weathered modern peices intended to hang on the wall of your office or a back drop to a display

?

And IMO the hakenkruez looks wrong for a BF 109

?

Have to agree, doesn't look like it came off an aircraft. As was mentioned, the rivets don't show on the other side which i find very strange.

Source: I pop by an aviation museum to help out and know what bits of crashed 70 year old plane look like.

Nitram

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast