Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7

Article about: Simply awesome.

Default Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7

Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7

Simply awesome.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Why have i never seen this...what a beast!

I would love a simulator game where you pilot one of these or be the bad guy and shot down one of these!!!

Kalinin k7 - very interesting design.

The Russians/Soviets were big on big aircraft ever since Iggie Sikorsky before WW1 and the 1920s/30s were the golden age of aircraft with more engines than crew-witness the Dornier Do-X or Junkers G33, but they were also aircraft of near impossible to fly characteristics-that many engines would be a flight engineer's nightmare!

Big bugger!.....

Certainly not stealthy!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

more like a battleship than a plane.

- - ------- - -

ps.did it fly ?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    more like a battleship than a plane.

- - ------- - -

ps.did it fly ?
    It crashed on it's 11th test flight killing about a dozen onboard, but there were survivors. One of them claimed the aircraft started vibrating heavily in a dive and one of the booms failed causing the tail elevator to seize and force the aircraft to go in from around 200-300ft. Today the cause would be considered an effect known as 'natural frequency', something then unknown, but a good example of it can be seen by the failure of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in 1940, film of which is available.

It should be noted that the of the pictures above, only the fuzzy B&W ones and the 3 angled schematic are of the real aircraft. The other tinted 'photographs' are completely fabricated internet fluff produced with gaming design software. The real aircraft did not afterall have 18 engines (at least) or 12" gun turrets from a battleship! These cleverly faked pic's have been doing the rounds for a few years now, and are accepted by many who leave credibility and all reason behind when they log on to the internet....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

While I'm more than a little impressed with this, one can not forget the Ilya Muromets designed by Sikorsky, from the Great War with a 98 foot wing span and carrying a bomb load of 1,000-1,500 pounds. It was the first of the heavy bombers, designed originally as a passenger plane in 1913.

Cheers
    Tim

Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7

Igor Sikorsky
    Soviet Heavy Bomber K-7

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast