Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Spitfire Technical Drawings.

Article about: Hello all, I am working on a personal project at the moment and was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of some high quality technical Factory drawings for the Spitfire. The

Default Spitfire Technical Drawings.

Hello all,

I am working on a personal project at the moment and was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of some high quality technical Factory drawings for the Spitfire.

The particular variant isn't important but I would be particularly interested in the instrument panel! Any good books/websites etc anyone can recommend?

Many thanks,

Ash

?

Default Re: Spitfire Technical Drawings.

You could try contacting the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, Restorations dept, i believe that they carry full specs on most of the aircraft on site

Quote by davejb View Post
    You could try contacting the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, Restorations dept, i believe that they carry full specs on most of the aircraft on site
    Thanks Dave, I have dealt with the Department of Research & Information Services at Hendon before. I will get in touch!

Spitfire is a great British machine! It is a best aircraft made ever! Long live United Kingdom! God save the Queen!

If your ever near Southampton airport in the bar/restaurant area the walls are covered in the blue prints from the spitfire,ranging from the instrument panel,to the little mass balance weight from the fin. They have had them blown up and its used as the wall paper. Its a long shot but you could try contacting the airport manager there to see where they got them.

danielsmallwood
    ?

Quote by miroslav View Post
    Spitfire is a great British machine! It is a best aircraft made ever! Long live United Kingdom! God save the Queen!
    If you are interested in a spitfire model aircraft I will recommend you to visit a British site airtattooshop.com

?

Ash, there is a book called Spitfire by Bill Sweetman, published by Janes Publishing Company Ltd and in the diagrams there is a Mk Vb cockpit detailing the instrument panel and associated fittings, but i dont know how much detail you need or if you need specs of the dials etc