Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stuck a bid in at the auction

Article about: I left a bid at an auction and came away with these A bulkhead with part numbers 1ss5 /se 15f487a A sea venom engine blanking plate A aileron locking gear And two drinking water tanks dougla

Default Stuck a bid in at the auction

I left a bid at an auction and came away with these
    A bulkhead with part numbers 1ss5 /se 15f487a
    A sea venom engine blanking plate
    A aileron locking gear
    And two drinking water tanks douglas aircraft part number 5136139-8
    one last tested 1949 and both in serviceable condition

i thought vampire/venom/vixen for bulk head but i dont think so now
    Any ideas any one.Stuck a bid in at the auctionStuck a bid in at the auctionStuck a bid in at the auctionStuck a bid in at the auction

Default Re: Stuck a bid in at the auction

Nice bits. Sorry I can't ID any of them, but I love aircraft parts. In my living room I have a coffee table I made out of a Lockheed Hudson wheel. Also, around me a guy apparently has part of a Pucara brought back from the Falklands, hopefully it will come up for sale. Again, nice haul

same as all us quality junk lovers,cant help ourselves.

that is cool - perfect for basement bar

If you can find a number on the bulkhead then someone will be able to identify it.

Hangarman

ive identified the bulk head with help from interweb,vampire T11
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stuck a bid in at the auction   Stuck a bid in at the auction  

i stuck the aircraft order number into the computer and came up with this

The SAAF used two Dakota variants, the C-47A Dakota Mk.3 with Pratt & Whitney R-l830-92 engines and the C-47B Dakota Mk.4 with the R-1830-90C motors with two-stage supercharger allowing an increase in all-up weight from 29 300lb to 30 000lb. Our future "roadhouse" aeroplane was one of the latter and was officially designated a C-47B-5-DK (the suffix indicated it being built by Douglas Oklahoma plant) and was built on Contract No AC-40652 which included 305 aircraft for the UK government of which five were replaced by other models capable of towing gliders and 10 were diverted to South Africa.

You could build yourself a Hobbit house and use the bulkhead for the door!

...... just thinking laterally ..........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stuck a bid in at the auction  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Good stuff, many auctions in the UK still have aircraft parts like this up for auction ??

They came from a general automobilia sale,i wouldnt say it was common but all sorts of strange things come up if you keep your ear to the ground.