Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

US Aircraft Gauge Panel Photo

Article about: This appears to be a Plexiglas mock-up of an aircraft gauge panel, shown from the rear, but I am not knowledgeable with aircraft so have no idea which it might be. Does anyone have any ideas

Default US Aircraft Gauge Panel Photo

This appears to be a Plexiglas mock-up of an aircraft gauge panel, shown from the rear, but I am not knowledgeable with aircraft so have no idea which it might be. Does anyone have any ideas as to what aircraft this gauge panel would belong to?

US Aircraft Gauge Panel Photo

This photo, I found with a group of other photos of individual gauges, all with clear Plexiglas cases. All of the photos are 8 x 10 inches and each is stamped on the back “OFFICIAL PHOTO For Official Use Only Photographed by U. S. Army Air Corps”. So that helps narrow it down to a US plane of WWII or earlier. Marked on the folder, the photos came in, it reads “Rohm & Haas Plexiglas Mockups Pictures. I know Rohm & Haas made Plexiglas canopies for many US aircraft, I guess they were the likely choice when these clear mock-ups were needed.

Thanks in advance,

Russ & Son

?

Default Re: US Aircraft Gauge Panel Photo

Man, virtually impossible to tell from the rear...

Quote by Soviet View Post
    Man, virtually impossible to tell from the rear...
    I'm sure it is, only someone very familiar would probably recognize I'm thinking. I have several photos of individual gauges, in their Plexi-glass case, but nothing that shows the front of the gauge panel unfortunatly.

Thanks for taking a look.

Russ

It would have to be from a rather large airplane. Fighters have very limited space
    in their cramped cockpits and guages are so much closer together. Could have
    been for display or training, perhaps.........

P51 Mustang cockpit - Pictures & Photos on FlightGlobal Airspace

http://www.warbirdalley.com/images/c...ockpit-800.jpg

Aircraft Cockpit Pictures
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    It would have to be from a rather large airplane. Fighters have very limited space
    in their cramped cockpits and guages are so much closer together. Could have
    been for display or training, perhaps.........
    Agreed, I personally ruled out any smaller aircraft for the same reason, far too large and most of the single seater aircraft of this period all had gauge panels that narrowed at the top to fit the shape of the cockpit. And yes, I agree, probably some type of training aid, just not familiar anough with vintage aircraft to even take a guess at this one.

Russ

Almost certainly a training aid,it has an unusual layout for the Artificial horizon and the direction indicator,these are mostly located
    near or around the center of the panel,the flying instruments are grouped on the right hand side,the engine and systems of the left,as we see it,
    fairly uniform for a U.S style panel.
    Cheers Mike