Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.

Article about: Back to the very beginning where it all really got started the humble "Royal Aircraft Factory Se5A..............

Back to the very beginning where it all really got started the humble "Royal Aircraft Factory Se5A..............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.  

I can name many, but this is one of my favorites. Bristol Blenheim in the Finnish Air Force.

Finns sometimes added a 4th man to the crew, during the Winter War. His mission was to shoot at Red Army troops crowded on narrow forest roads, with a Suomi submachine gun, when the plane was flying low. I read this from the Finnish Wikipedia article and thought it was rather obscure, how can you hit with an SMG, from a plane that is going 300 km an hour .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.  
    Attached Images Attached Images What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made. 

Staying on the pusher prop genre, for ww1 it has to be the DH2 and the FE2b

The REAL 'stringbags'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.   What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The Rumpler Taube.

Some great choices there gents.
    I was only going to post the one airframe but here's another of my fav's.
    I would have to say this beautiful bird would be my fav. prop design.

Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation.

What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.

mmmmm yum yum.

Keep them coming all

Dave

?

I'm very surprised that no.one has mentioned the English Electric Lightning, one of the fasted aircraft ever built, and mainly because it was nearly all engine, with one of the thinnest wing designs there's been, and a roar of engine like no other, to see one go vertical at take off was unreal

I would have thought this baby would have got a look-in

North American XB-70 Valkyrie

What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    I would have thought this baby would have got a look-in

North American XB-70 Valkyrie

What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.
    You mentioned that one in your first post Dave - so we have been waiting for you to show her!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Couldn't help myself in the end Dan. Just had to post one.

?

Perhaps considered the ugly ducklings, but to the grunts on the ground in need of close air support, there few sights as beautiful as one of these rolling on in. There is just something about opening up the whole can of kick ass!

A-10 Warthog

AC-130 Spectre Gunship
    Regards,
    John

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast