MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

What do you believe is the most aesthetically pleasing military aircraft made.

Article about: Back to the very beginning where it all really got started the humble "Royal Aircraft Factory Se5A..............

There are many airplanes I like, but this one is something special.
    Sukhoi SU 47

Another aircraft considered to be ugly by some, but i think these later models are quite pleasing to the eye!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Another aircraft considered to be ugly by some, but i think these later models are quite pleasing to the eye!...
    The "Jugs" might look ugly, but one of the toughest bird ever! I, myself prefer the "Bubble Canopy", too, which is the D and N version.

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    The "Jugs" might look ugly, but one of the toughest bird ever! I, myself prefer the "Bubble Canopy", too, which is the D and N version.
    I quite like the older "razorbacks" too!...

I don't know why but they made a thin panel right in front of the front glass of the "Razorbacks"!

The pilots might had some tough time looking.

I don't know why but they made a thin panel right in front of the front glass of the "Razorbacks"!

The pilots might had some tough time looking.
    Yeah the last thing you need is a part of the cockpit frame in your line of sight!...

De Havilland Hornet-single seat development of the Mosquito-saw most service as an RN carrier fighter post war as the Sea Hornet-power and grace...http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwik..._Hornet_F1.jpg

I love the Warthog but I don't know if I would car
    it "aesthetically pleasing". It's like with cars. sometimes
    I like the sexy lines of any early Jag XKE and sometimes
    it's badass 70's musclecars.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Finally, a P-38 ! The Japanese pilots would called them "Twin Headed Devil", during the war.

One of my favorite U.S. fighters of WWII.

Cheers!
    Taka
    A beautiful plane and effective, as admiral Yamamoto found out in Op Vengeance.

The Germans called it the "Gabelschwanzteufel" i.e. the fork tailed devil.

Here a breathtakingly beautiful shot of Glacier Girl ....and other P-38s. Also a great shot of the P-38 along with a P-51 and the A-10A:
    Der Gabelschwanz Teufel - Assessing the Lockheed P-38 Lightning

Dick Bong liked the P-38 and that dude could fly!

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I like it. A brute of a plane and able to absorb a lot of punishment.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast