Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

of what german wwii plane is this door

Article about: by Collectorww2 I could not find all of them, but here are some, I don't think they are from your plane though, here is some "pad filling": Attachment 317635 The color on the back

?

Default Re: of what german wwii plane is this door

Looking at the padding around the upper edge, I would suggest an open, or partially open, cockpit or observer/gunners position. Then again it could be from a training aircraft.
    I can't hazard a guess as to what the emblem represents, a raddish? Ooops I hazarded. So many aircraft types and so many squadron/personal insignia.
    Regards,
    Pete

Looks like a honeycomb to me. I also agree with Pete on the padding.
    Looking at the padding around the upper edge, I would suggest an open, or partially open, cockpit or observer/gunners position. Then again it could be from a training aircraft.

Burt

A very distinctive shield shaped door,though. At first I thought maybe a little Henschel or a Fieseler, but neither had a door this shape. It doesn't match any seaplanes either, so it's a mystery. The camouflage paint almost suggests a DAK useage and the symbol reminds me of a fat shaped fanciful palm tree, but who knows? Like Ade, I know I've seen the symbol somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can remember where too. An interesting item, for sure, in any case.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

i too think it was some sort of open plane

?

A wild thought. it wouldn't be off a motorcycle sidecar by any chance?
    Pete

Quote by wood View Post
    A wild thought. it wouldn't be off a motorcycle sidecar by any chance?
    Pete
    no i dont think so, it is way to big for something like that

My guess is a slide in door from a Staffel "hack" that may not necessarily be of German origins.
    Could be from any of the Axis/occupied European countrys inventories and seconded as a Staffel utility airframe "hack".
    Cheers mate
    Last edited by Thanatos; 03-09-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: added text

It's from a plane. It looks like a "Cockpit blue" color on the back. Quite a tricky one, but nice battle damage. I have found loads of parts which looks like they once came from your "door". I'll share pictures later.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by Collectorww2 View Post
    It's from a plane. It looks like a "Cockpit blue" color on the back. Quite a tricky one, but nice battle damage. I have found loads of parts which looks like they once came from your "door". I'll share pictures later.
    would be nice to see the parts

I could not find all of them, but here are some, I don't think they are from your plane though, here is some "pad filling":

The color on the back of your "door" is definitely "cockpit blue", and the pads would be somewhere inside the cockpit. Here is a picture from a Dornier 17:
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast