Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WW2 german aircraft propeller

Article about: by Datrus I think it's possible that a number of planes shared propellers? There must for sure be some plane spotters here on forum Regards, Lars The Hamilton variable-pitch propeller would

Default Re: WW2 german aircraft propeller

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I think it's possible that a number of planes shared propellers? There must for sure be some plane spotters here on forum
    Regards, Lars
    The Hamilton variable-pitch propeller would be a good Allied example of that Lars.They were was used by a number of Allied countries on numerous airframe types.

Cheers
    Dave

WW2 german aircraft propellerI'm pretty sure that is from a Stuka, the prop diameter is 3.4 meters for the Ju 87, this blade is 178 cm, subtract about 10 cms for the shaft to go into the propellor hub and that ispretty much what you'd get form this, also teh fat bottom end of the blade is pretty distinct.

Quote by asterperious View Post
    WW2 german aircraft propellerI'm pretty sure that is from a Stuka, the prop diameter is 3.4 meters for the Ju 87, this blade is 178 cm, subtract about 10 cms for the shaft to go into the propellor hub and that ispretty much what you'd get form this, also teh fat bottom end of the blade is pretty distinct.
    If you just put the blades end to end the diameter would be 3.56m so i don't think it's from a Stuka. sorry.
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 11-20-2012 at 02:05 AM.

?

I have been looking abit around and i dont seem to be able to find anything. Maybe due to the fact that i have no idea where to look.
    I only found this topic on a forum about a model plane as far as i understand.
    Ju 87 B-2 Trumpeter Propeller VS 11 / VS 5 - Seite 5

I think this is the numbers on the picture tho.

9-41211.15
    satz-nr Hgd 72879/3

Gday again,
    The serial number 9-41211 is the makers code for which aircraft your wooden (I am assuming it is of wood construction as most german blades were) variable pitch prop. blade is suited to.
    I don't have the info. to identify these airframes though.
    The Nr Hgd (I think) is the blades maker code for Gustav Schwarz KG a well known maker of German wooden propeller blades.The number after that is the blades serial number followed by the /3 for number 3 blade of that particular prop.By the way I think there were around 20 or so wooden prop. makers and subcontractors in Germany during WW2.
    I hope this helps
    Cheers
    Dave
    If I find out more I will post.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 11-20-2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: added text

HE111 maybe?

It is exactly like the 1:72 propeller from the umpteen model Stukas I have made in the past

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Please, do you have a FL nummer on this propeller? If not, it is not German...

I feel in the end it could come down to the radius of the prop this blade belongs to (taking into account the spinner hub).The radius or the makers airframe code should give you a shot at the aircraft type.
    I believe this "style" of blade was used on a number of German WW2 aircraft types and it was the length and so the prop radius that differed from airframe to airframe.
    Cheers fella's
    Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 11-20-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added text

?

I have shot a message in the sellers direction, asking him to measure the hub and take pictures of it and the text on it (if any visible)
    Last edited by WRanG; 11-20-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast