Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1941 German Side cap?

Article about: Hello, I found this German cap cleaning out my fathers garage. I was offered \\$25 US for it on the spot, but being interested in historical artifacts, I refused until I could find more inform

Zingaro
    ?

Default 1941 German Side cap?

Hello, I found this German cap cleaning out my fathers garage. I was offered $25 US for it on the spot, but being interested in historical artifacts, I refused until I could find more information. I have not found any references on the internet that would be an identical match so wondering if this is even authentic.

If anyone can help identify this, I would be highly appreciative and would like to learn more on the specifics of this find.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 German Side cap?   1941 German Side cap?  

1941 German Side cap?   1941 German Side cap?  

2. # ADS

It looks similar to an officers side cap for the ORG Todt, but is not an exact match, as the only example I can find an image of has a piped crown and is only piped on the front of the turnup, not all the way round, so it may be for another TR organisation. However, the insignia looks to probably be good and the grommets look good, but hard to say for certain as it does not match other examples I have seen, unless as I mentioned above it is not OT, but something else. Can you post a straight on shot of the roundel/cockade? Also of the eagle with a real good close up of the threads used.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Zingaro
    ?

Thanks Jerry, Does the silver thread around the cap identify it as an officers?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 German Side cap?   1941 German Side cap?  

1941 German Side cap?  

Quote by Zingaro View Post
    Thanks Jerry, Does the silver thread around the cap identify it as an officers?
    It most cases it does. Thanks for the extra pics.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

not a clue what it is,but v/nice sidecap.