Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

2 SS Visor Caps - Your Opinions Please

Article about: Hi, Many years ago I aquired the first cap as a copy and without insignia. It is very well made but has had the lining torn out. The band is roting and the padding above the visor has been r

Dear Colleague, thanks. I went to Sieder in 1973 and saw them making fake things. They were in the same neighborhood as these other firms you mention, between the Naschmarkt and the Josefstadt or something, as I recall. I saw a fake Herman Goering peaked cap. Thanks for the link to Fa. Maurer. Such wonderful things still exist. Wien is such a marvelous place.
    schoene Gruesse, Ihr, FB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 SS Visor Caps - Your Opinions Please
    P
    Many

?

Good evening, F.-B.

yes, "der siebte Hieb" and the adjacent ones once were the centre of such firms. There are not many left.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 SS Visor Caps - Your Opinions Please  

[ATTACH=CONFIG]822418[/ATTACH

Thank you, ErWe, sir.

]The RZM branch stood next to Hotel Kummer, in fact, on the Maria Hilferstrasse. Zieglergasse is nearby to this address.
    When I am in Wien, this is my neighborhood. I started out in the Pfeilgasse in 1973 and
    moved slightly southward.

I hardly need add what other personage also frequented this area in another epoch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 SS Visor Caps - Your Opinions Please  

2 SS Visor Caps - Your Opinions PleaseHe liked to go here, to dream of his future life in the art academy down the street.

To be viewed in connection with the above....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nk82tH2MPA

2 SS Visor Caps - Your Opinions Please2 SS Visor Caps - Your Opinions Please2 SS Visor Caps - Your Opinions Please2 SS Visor Caps - Your Opinions Please2 SS Visor Caps - Your Opinions PleaseI mention this fact for the purposes of historical study versus any advocacy of a racist, hate filled ideology.

Our site is for Uniformkunde, and, especially, some of us embrace the geography and society of the uniform trade in its original form.

The emphasis on the Lubstein brand should make any intelligent person interested in Berlin of the time, and Vienna was for me, at least, my

first encounter with a great city of the German language and culture. I first went to Vienna in 1971 and only got to West Berlin in 1975.

My comment is not grossdeutsch as a political program, but merely a recognition of the shape of the past without which our artifacts and our inquiry into their meaning

is worthless.

?

Guten Abend F.-B.,
    I was immediately thinking of the person having lived in Meldemannstraße but this in the XXth district.

You are the historian, chapeau!

Did some research meanwhile: Meldeamt, what an irony!

?

F.-B.:

Thank you again for Qualtinger. Wenn wir einen Augenblick von der Tragik des Hintergrundes des links absehen und einer typisch österreichischen Verharmlosung des Alkoholismus anheimfallen wollen, darf ich eine (unbewiesene) Zote, die sich im Café Bazar in Salzburg zugetragen haben soll, erzählen:
    Qualtinger kommt hinein und bestellt: "Ein Achterl." Frage des Kellners: "Rot oder weiß?" Antwort: "An Sliwowitz!"

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    F.-B.:

Thank you again for Qualtinger. Wenn wir einen Augenblick von der Tragik des Hintergrundes des links absehen und einer typisch österreichischen Verharmlosung des Alkoholismus anheimfallen wollen, darf ich eine (unbewiesene) Zote, die sich im Café Bazar in Salzburg zugetragen haben soll, erzählen:
    Qualtinger kommt hinein und bestellt: "Ein Achterl." Frage des Kellners: "Rot oder weiß?" Antwort: "An Sliwowitz!"
    Sehr schoen. Danke.

Being married to a Slav, I also prefer such spirits, but all in very modest measure.

All of AH's locales are in the Brigitte Hamann book, Hitlers Wien, are they not?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast