Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

3 SS Fez

Article about: Hey guys, i'm helping a buddy of mine on authenticating these. They are priced at 250\\$ for 2, I honestly have no experience on these, from what I can tell I do not like the insignia on the g

?

Default 3 SS Fez

Hey guys, i'm helping a buddy of mine on authenticating these. They are priced at 250$ for 2, I honestly have no experience on these, from what I can tell I do not like the insignia on the gray fez but I do on the red one. What do you guys think?
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 SS Fez   3 SS Fez  

3 SS Fez   3 SS Fez  

3 SS Fez   3 SS Fez  

3 SS Fez   3 SS Fez  

3 SS Fez   3 SS Fez  

3 SS Fez   3 SS Fez  

3 SS Fez   3 SS Fez  

3 SS Fez   3 SS Fez  

3 SS Fez   3 SS Fez  

3 SS Fez  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 SS Fez
    P
    Many

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 SS Fez  

As far as the red Fez I have my doubts about just the emblems alone.
    Gray ones I also do not feel is good but better pics would be good.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

3 SS Fez3 SS Fez3 SS FezIt all looks strange to me.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I think all are good, just the lousy pics are throwing Eric off.

The insignia is typical Dachau stuff where these Fez's were likely to have been picked up too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Eric, I love The reference pic of your minty SS Handeshar fez! .

Regarding the fez's in the OP, they resemble something US GI's would do when raiding the Dachau warehouse. They would typically use the Fez(s) as buckets or containers to fill up with tabs and patches. Later they may have sewed the patches on the fez in order not to lose them or perhaps as a trophy or even a collage.This is seen on may vet bring backs , like pins stuck to holsters or belts, and so on. My friends grandfather sewed hundreds of patches to curtains that were in his house (that were also acquired in the Dachau horde)

$500 dollars for the 4? Buy them...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I agree with William. That's a very reasonable price. I would think twice about taking the patches/tabs off of them and rather leaving them as found. This is almost a form of "trench art", IMO. This is all up to the buyer, of course. It also depends on wether one is trying to profit by splitting them up or preserve the items the way the liberator left them.

Every bit is good.