Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Afrika Korps Cap

Article about: I just bought an Afrika Korps Cap from a guy in California. What do you think? Thanks all!

?

Default Afrika Korps Cap

I just bought an Afrika Korps Cap from a guy in California. What do you think? Thanks all!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Cap   Afrika Korps Cap  

Afrika Korps Cap  
    Attached Images Attached Images Afrika Korps Cap  Afrika Korps Cap  Afrika Korps Cap  Afrika Korps Cap  Afrika Korps Cap  Afrika Korps Cap  Afrika Korps Cap  Afrika Korps Cap 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps Cap
    P
    Many

Marc I have never owned a real one I had a AK tunic first model once. Repo's of these abound have everysince the movie Tobruk in 1966 or so. Post it over at Afrika Korps Forum there are a lot of tropical experts over there will tell you. timothy

Every period original example I have ever encountered had an ink size stamp on the inside. back in the late 1960's, George Petersen, noted collector and dealer, turned up a stash of unissued caps with vpiped waffenfarbe. You could order them by branch color for #35.00 a piece. I bought an example of every color he had. They have been in collections now for over fourty years and it has been a very long time since I saw one from that lot.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Marc, I can see the faded date and size markings.

It would be nice to see bigger pics of the insignia please.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!