Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?

Article about: Dear Friends, I'm not sure if this Afrika Korps Pith Helmet is original or fake. Also not sure if is a italian or german model. Can you help me? The fotos are attached. Best regards, Von Riv

Default Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?

Dear Friends,

I'm not sure if this Afrika Korps Pith Helmet is original or fake. Also not sure if is a italian or german model.
    Can you help me?

The fotos are attached.

Best regards,

Von River

Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?

Hi,

The helmet is an original, but the tri colour shield is a one looker fake and the eagle shield is harder to tell, the upper have of the pebbled backgound looks fine, but the lower half looks like a fake.

Is the interior picture you post showing the pins of the eagle or the tri colour, as that is a fake which ever one it is? Can you show the pins on the other shield please?

Does the eagle have a flaw on top of its head?

Also, the shields are mounted lower on the sides than I am used to seeing.

I have one similar to this that never had shields attached and I think this might have been the same.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, the shields do look a touch soft in their apperance,i would expect a much crisper look.Can you see any change in the colour of the material if you lift the shields slightly,that would be a good indicator if there is any sun bleaching going on.The helmet however looks to be a nice original as i would expect to see one.

More fotos:

Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?

It has had its original Luftwaffe shields replaced with fake Heer examples, which makes sense with the brown trim and strap and the green under the brim. You can just see the holes left from the original Luftwaffe eagle.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi, i know the owner of this one.
    As jerry pointed out its a nice original 1st pattern tropenhelm with fake heer shields.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

A nice set of original lufty insignias will make this a really nice piece

Quote by davejb View Post
    A nice set of original lufty insignias will make this a really nice piece
    Though sadly they are in the main hard to get and will in most cases cost more than the tropenhelm did.
    Regards,

Jerry

Ok.
    Thank you all.

Regards.,

Von River

More fotos from the heer shields:

Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?Afrika Korps Pith Helmet - Original?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast