MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Afrika Tropical Hat with Deathskull - INFO AND HELP

Article about: Hello, found this locally from a non collector. Looking to find out any info someone may have, as well is it even real? hat being real vs badges being real?

Default Afrika Tropical Hat with Deathskull - INFO AND HELP

Hello, found this locally from a non collector. Looking to find out any info someone may have, as well is it even real? hat being real vs badges being real?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Tropical Hat with Deathskull - INFO AND HELP   Afrika Tropical Hat with Deathskull - INFO AND HELP  

Afrika Tropical Hat with Deathskull - INFO AND HELP  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Tropical Hat with Deathskull - INFO AND HELP
    P
    Many

Default Re: Afrika Tropical Hat with Deathskull - INFO AND HELP

Looks almost too new IMO.
    But i'm no expert.

It looks far too new to me... If it was real, I'd imagine that the wearer would sweat like crazy and the red coloring of the liner would bleed all over!

There is a sweat line on the inner brim ill try and get a better pic of it

?

First impressions , for me its a modern replica, any type of markings inside?

Early examples of the Waffen SS M41 tropical field cap had khaki linings. These changed on later issues to red. It was found red transmitted less heat to the head. Odd I know, but true. The Hamburg Tropical Institute did trials on this and it was adopted on the Heer M40 tropical cap. The Soviets lined thier 1938 pattern tropical "Panama" style hat with red, so I think they discovered this fact early on.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cap fabric inside and out looks wrong to me, as do the grommets and the insignia. Better sharper pics are unlikely to make it look less fake, but it would still be good to see them, IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It is a modern replica/fake.........
    Regards,

Steve.

No visible markings on the inside
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Tropical Hat with Deathskull - INFO AND HELP   Afrika Tropical Hat with Deathskull - INFO AND HELP  

Afrika Tropical Hat with Deathskull - INFO AND HELP   Afrika Tropical Hat with Deathskull - INFO AND HELP  

100% fake. I forgot to add that bit to my post!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast