Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Allgemeine SS cap: real or fake?

Article about: The cap that started the thread appears to me to be some kind of Bundeswehr cap with very badly applied white piping sewn onto it. Thanks once again to FB for showing some exceptional authen

?

Default Re: Allgemeine SS cap: real or fake?

The cap that started the thread appears to me to be some kind of Bundeswehr cap with very badly applied white piping sewn onto it.

Thanks once again to FB for showing some exceptional authentic examples to compare with.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS cap: real or fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The cap that started the thread appears to me to be some kind of Bundeswehr cap with very badly applied white piping sewn onto it.

Thanks once again to FB for showing some exceptional authentic examples to compare with.
    Thanks for Ben for being a pillar of good sense on this site.
    This site is also the place to go in the internet as concerns foetid black woolens, as well as Ben's fine thread on cap making elsewhere.Allgemeine SS cap: real or fake?Allgemeine SS cap: real or fake?Allgemeine SS cap: real or fake?Allgemeine SS cap: real or fake?Allgemeine SS cap: real or fake?Allgemeine SS cap: real or fake?

Since the theme of the Bundeswehr arose here, you may find this book as pleasing as do I. It is a history of the Bw uniform (army, really) in fabulous detail based on the study collection of the Bw logistics school and published by colleagues of mine in Berlin. A top flight piece of work that puts the US coffee table books to shame totally, even though it about a theme of less interest than black and field grey foetid woolens.
    I recommend it with enthusiasm.Allgemeine SS cap: real or fake? It also reveals much about the reality of uniforms as actually used based on the sources and military life in a manner than differs utterly from the balder dash of "the regulations stated pi pa and po on 12.V. 19XX and then stated pi pa and po on 14. VI. 19XX" as appears in certain coffee table books where no editorial process applies.

A fine piece of work and ably presented.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-03-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2