Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !

Article about: The M1/167 eagle has also lost his beak.

Default re: Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    So many fakes. I prefore seeing originals like the ones F-B show. Fakes are tiring because I will spend a long time trying to figure out what makes it a fake. These fakes are amazingly good, for an amature like myself.

Attachment 328673

Cheers, Pat

So many fakes, indeed. Some here are very focused on them, whereas I do this as a side show. However, to each his own.

All the same, I am not going to explain every last detail in public of what makes a fake, since this tutorial benefits anyone, and I mean anyone......but.......me.

I spend a great deal of my own money to acquire real material; I spend decades learning about this material (not years...) and the result enables the faker to impale young Patrick and others like him at a very steep price.

Not a very appealing spectacle, really.

And, I know that my work has benefited the fakers greatly, as I keep an eye on these things, but do not luxuriate in posts of hundreds of fakes, since they pretty much duplicate one another ad nausea.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-06-2012 at 09:32 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    So many fakes, indeed. Some here are very focused on them, whereas I do this as a side show. However, to each his own.

All the same, I am not going to explain every last detail in public of what makes a fake, since this tutorial benefits anyone, and I mean anyone......but.......me.

I spend a great deal of my own money to acquire real material; I spend decades learning about this material (not years...) and the result enables the faker to impale young Patrick and others like him at a very steep price.

Not a very appealing spectacle, really.

And, I know that my work has benefited the fakers greatly, as I keep an eye on these things, but do not luxuriate in posts of hundreds of fakes, since they are pretty duplicate one another ad nausea.
    Well with my budget only excending to books on SS caps, I am sure by the time I can afford an SS cap I would know more about the subject. Hopefully.

Thanks for your Brilliant posts and nice collages

Happy Hats, Pat

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Well with my budget only excending to books on SS caps, I am sure by the time I can afford an SS cap I would know more about the subject. Hopefully.

Thanks for your Brilliant posts and nice collages

Happy Hats, Pat
    Thanks. Your collages are very good, even if one or two of the persons here, who are most at home on the sewer site, look down their pointed noses with sniffy comments about "simplicity."

What is "simplicity," then as concerns SS regalia? Or, shall I ask, what is "simplicity" as concerns the attempt to analyze the evidence of the past, with its contradictions, oddities, gaps, and confusing details as seen by those whose set of mind is alien to the study of history?

In my more thirty seven years as a professional historian, it is always the person who is totally overwhelmed by the difficulty of the past who cries first that he can only manage the thing if it is: "simple."

Such an attempt to make a check list, to strip away the truth from the past, serves only to make the proponent of such a man handling of the evidence and its problems a threat to anyone who genuinely wants to understand this material.

Of course, there is some merit to having a dealer make the choices for you at great expense, and such persons present their trophies (usually far less than meets the eye) for the wonder of a claque.

Adrian and the others conceived this site as a place to wrestle with the evidence, and, to show good comradeship in the process (unlike on the Bianchi, Gottlieb and whoever site)
    and even perhaps treat this enterprise with a sense of humor.

The latter good, however precious, is in pretty short supply, which mystifies me. Such good humor and sense of irony is even harder to find than a "scull" with the early marks, or a cap without a re attached sweat band.

Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Do you have the check list used by these persons here? Do you know their names? Do you know how they learned their trade?

?

Thanks. Your collages are very good, even if one or two of the persons here, who are most at home on the sewer site, look down their pointed noses with sniffy comments about "simplicity."

What is "simplicity," then as concerns SS regalia? Or, shall I ask, what is "simplicity" as concerns the attempt to analyze the evidence of the past, with its contradictions, oddities, gaps, and confusing details as seen by those whose set of mind is alien to the study of history?

In my more thirty seven years as a professional historian, it is always the person who is totally overwhelmed by the difficulty of the past who cries first that he can only manage the thing if it is: "simple."

Such an attempt to make a check list, to strip away the truth from the past, serves only to make the proponent of such a man handling of the evidence and its problems a threat to anyone who genuinely wants to understand this material.

Of course, there is some merit to having a dealer make the choices for you at great expense, and such persons present their trophies (usually far less than meets the eye) for the wonder of a claque.

Adrian and the others conceived this site as a place to wrestle with the evidence, and, to show good comradeship in the process (unlike on the Bianchi, Gottlieb and whoever site)
    and even perhaps treat this enterprise with a sense of humor.

The latter good, however precious, is in pretty short supply, which mystifies me. Such good humor and sense of irony is even harder to find than a "scull" with the early marks, or a cap without a re attached sweat band.
    Thanks Friedrich, I am a fan of symbolism and Art, as I do both when I am away from foeted woolins and people commenting on how we shouldent post chickens in a field or potholes in a road below the beloved Dagger or the Latvian fake.

Very true.

I somtimes swim in the maroon ocean browsing the caps for sale, admiring the oddness of selling an erel for €1400. I made a total of 1 post in that forum saying how I prefore the early erels as in the pre 1933. Though I prefore the nice conversation about Reichsbahn caps on this forum and posting colages without the worry of someone telling me my chickens are postwar and dont have coloured piping.

Happy hats to you, Pat

Thanks for the above. Most chickens nowadays are "postwar," and devoid of piping. The free range ones are better than the forehead free pressure ones.

?

Thanks for the above. Most chickens nowadays are "postwar," and devoid of piping. The free range ones are better than the forehead free pressure ones.
    Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !

I think we must leave this thread back to the fake SS caps.

Cheers, Pat

Very nice image. Sure to irritate certain "advanced collectors" and "apprentice millionaires," whatever the latter might be.

Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !SS caps, not so fake.

Note: No chickens, nor dancing girls, nor otherwise disruptive thingies to discomfort the seeker of simplicity.

?

Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !Allgemeine-SS EM/NCO Schirmütze: FAKE !SS caps, not so fake.
    Just the way I like them

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast