Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Any thoughts on this Handschar fez?

Article about: Hello everyone. I'd appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts on this Handschar fez. It compares well with the other fez's I've seen on this site, but I haven't seen the hand-written number on

Default Any thoughts on this Handschar fez?

Hello everyone. I'd appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts on this Handschar fez. It compares well with the other fez's I've seen on this site, but I haven't seen the hand-written number on the leather band before. Does the band show signs of use? Or is this another unused Dachua find? Thank you for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any thoughts on this Handschar fez?   Any thoughts on this Handschar fez?  

Any thoughts on this Handschar fez?   Any thoughts on this Handschar fez?  

Any thoughts on this Handschar fez?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any thoughts on this Handschar fez?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The tag has nothing to do with the Fez IMHO. It could have been added at any time. Either the solider or post war by a collector or museum, etc. etc.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

So you agree that it looks authentic? Is the color change in the leather a sign of use? Or just age?

MAP
    ?

Don't want to give advice on the fez itself. Not my expertise. Sorry.

Give it some time. There are members here who know these. If you don't hear in a couple of days. Five the thread a bump

Given the wear, I'm cautiously optimistic. If it was me, I would focus on the stitching, materials and insignia first, before the wear.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I fully conform with MAP and can't tell anything about the authenticity of the fez, either. But the brighter part of the sewatband indicates for me that another tag was attached there which came off or was taken off, it is not a sign of wear/use/age.

MAP
    ?

I understand what you mean about the color of the sweatband. The typical Dachau Fez had a tan color sweatband. The color of yours is not due to wear. This was dyed black to begin with and the removal of the label just removed the dye.

I still say, focus on the insignia, materials and stitching. If they match up to originals, then it should be ok. I'm optimistic.

I'm sure others will be around to opine.

I had been worried about the black leather band, but going through the archives here there's been at least one example of a legit fez with a black band.

ss cap HANDSCHAR

Thanks everyone for chiming in! This is such a great site, I'm really glad I found it. I just wish I had more money to collect all this cool stuff.

MAP
    ?

Well. That link is enough. You have 3 giants of this hobby opining in the positive on essentially the same Fez.

Bob unfortunately has passed away just recently.

You have done fine researching this piece yourself as a new member.