Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

it arrived today

Article about: hi and a merry christmas to you all the m43 i posted before arrived today and i now have taken several what i think good and clear photos for the best verdict possible cheers DS

Quote by Landser I View Post
    And because of this large list of countries from afrika to asia, this M43 should be an original, good TR piece? When a seller asks such a less price for an SS fieldcap WITHOUT insignia (just like the most ebay fake seller) my mind would scream "red flag". It's on you, if you are happy with this cap it's fine! But why you ask this community to spend time in lots of research when you don't want to accept the opinions? But for a better understanding of the shown opinions, please look at ebay or ioffer, I am sure you will be able to find a similar piece without insignia, with new looking red inside and with the same late-war buttons sewn on it.

Regards
    Bravo. Well said.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement it arrived today
    P
    Many

Two examples of Italian cloth, 1 from a '44 German jacket & 1 from a '39 Italian jacket

I do not collect wartime field caps, but we have examined the textiles used in certain kinds of SS caps.

Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

it arrived todayit arrived todayit arrived todayit arrived todayit arrived todayand we have included the variety of textiles sold by the SS clothing system.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Two examples of Italian cloth, 1 from a '44 German jacket & 1 from a '39 Italian jacket
    I am out of my depth here, but the first enclosure (the hat from the odd global website) and these Italian textiles from Oceania really do not jibe at all.

it arrived todayHere is one of the items via Shea, and it seems to jibe with the textile samples from Oceania.
    Shea plays close attention to wartime field caps of all kinds.

While some of you might not like or agree with what some of us write, certain persons here put a great deal of effort into the quality of this site.
    There are others, however, who are eager to damage what we do here for whatever reason.
    The authorities here do not permit that kind of thing.
    Free debate is very desirable, but, there are times when something else transpires, which is not tolerated here.
    Happy hats and happy new year.

Quote by DS pzkpfwIII View Post
    so i
    would like to know how people can be so sure its fake especially since its not bund and is confirmed by a tailor from the timeframe to be made of italian fabric and is sewn with thread that was from that era
    i must question what makes it a fake once more

and the site i bought it from buys from all over the place and have all kinds of different militaria including som from north korea so they do not realy have good knowledge about any single area in the militaria spectrum therefore does not know what a wss cap goes for and thus prices it at 300$ and during christmas sells it for 50% of along with every other single item in their entire site

cheers DS
    Hi DS...we had a similar thread here today with a heinous looking duckbill helmet of similar character..and also of similar denial of facts. IMO I feel this forum is the end stop of all that could possibly be exhausted in knowledge by the advance collectors of this forum. Your questions are quite valid..but the bottom line after years of study on these types by these Gents..unless another hidden tailor comes out of the Third Reich cracks in caps..there is no other documentation available to support that your cap is authentic.
    ...and yes there are those instances where genuine items to get binned due to resource. Hard to say ..but leaning on the higher percentages of the Knowledge here..I would say ..it would be in your best interest to return it and replenish your wallet.

There is nothing wrong with finding out something is what it is not..or what it is. If we never fail we become our own Gods and never have to rely on no one except ourselves. Then what would be wrong?....everything would be perfect. No one then would listen to one another and be full of themselves..a Utopian society of TR collecting. Everyone would be teachers and no students.

These things must happen to keep a balance. You asked the question..and you received the answer. I hate it when loved ones pass away..and have no choice but to accept it..others do not which is their prerogative . Your cap will not change nor will the thoughts of the most studied here. We are just glad..you didnt lose your mind and start name calling as on the helmet thread by another member. No need for that.

I would say Hang in there DS listen to your mentors..which i know they are worth more than what you paid for in that cap. Until research does uncover what may be correct in your cap.... that time has not or may not come. Nature of the Hobby . Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks to Larry C for his very hard work for all our benefit.

Nothing in the new pictures change my opinion that this is a post 1945 cap. As you wish to convince yourself that is real and ignore the opinion of some of the most learned and respected experts on 3rd Reich headwear, why did you bother to post this cap? We have much better things out there to take up five pages of space on this forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast