Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...

Article about: Hello, first of all, I realize that this is my first post here. I don't want to give the impression that I came here just for help. I looked for the appropriate place to introduce myself and

?

Default black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...

Hello, first of all, I realize that this is my first post here. I don't want to give the impression that I came here just for help. I looked for the appropriate place to introduce myself and saw no such place. If I missed it, please forgive me and don't take it as a sign of selfishness. I am new to collecting German military items and freely admit my ignorance and thus my glaring need for a helping hand in not being taken by the fakers that abound in this hobby.

All that said, I have the opportunity to buy (direct transaction) two caps from a gentleman in Germany. He sent me the following pictures that are (to my virgin eyes) very convincing. However, after reading almost all the m43 posts on all 49 pages in this forum I have been humbled and so leave these photos for your consideration and (hopefully)e I can contribute advise to a newbie to the hobby.

I thank (in advance) anyone who takes the time to help me. I hope that in time, maybe I can contribute more than awkward questions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...   black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...  

black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...   black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...  

black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...   black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...  

black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...
    P
    Many

?

sorry, my text got mixed up there. Meant to say that I hope to be able to contribute more in the future once I have learned more. Thanks again for any advice you can give.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Although I am not able to answer your questions, please be patient. Someone with knowledge in these caps will be along to assist.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

There are others here better in the know than I, but I would say this is a piece of junk.

- - ------- - -

Adrian S. is away, but he would know better than I, but my suggestion to you is to ignore this thing.

black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...This is what you want. Photos courtesy of Paul Sack, Bill Shea and others.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-03-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Do get the Shea Beaver book and the Bando Beaver book. These books have illustrations in great detail.

?

Thanks so very much for the welcome and for the good advice. I had a bed feeling when both caps had the same clemens wagner stamps on the inside. Just didn't add up on that note but I must admit that to me, I was swayed by their appearance. I obviously have much to learn. You have saved me a great deal of money and heart ache and it is much appreciated. I look forward to learning more from you folks and hopefully contributing one day.

I am buying a walther ppk (rzm stamped) .32 pistol this weekend and the caps were an after thought as items to display with the pistol in a shadow box type display. I have a few other items I have picked up over the last few months that I'm confident about but the caps and insignias are a mine field I am learning and best left to those who know their way around. Again, thank you for your help and good day sir.

Eric

Please contribute to the site, if we saved you money. This kind of thing is an hourly occurrence. I do not collect Waffen SS caps, but I have looked at the images.
    I collected them in the 1970s, mind you. These badges have long been faked. The textile in the black cap is totally off.
    Clemens Wagner surely made SS caps, and it made Waffen SS caps, too. I owned an officer's side cap with white piping. I have a picture somewhere.
    It was a nice piece. I think it, too, is now in the Shea Beaver book.

- - ------- - -

We can also guide you to place that, in the main, sell authentic SS caps.

Here, for instance,

The Collector's Guild

or

https://www.therupturedduck.com/coll...ar/ss-headgear

or

Hanners Reich

black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...Clemens Wagner SS peaked cap....a real one, too.....also can go in a shadow box, I guess.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-03-2016 at 11:29 PM.

?

thank you again sir. I will certainly contribute (monetarily) later this week once I get paid as it certainly saved me in the long run. The visor hats have never appealed to me. That may be considered blasphemy by many but I prefer the simpler (working class) look I guess. M43 caps have appealed to me since I was exposed to them. Thanks again for your guidance.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast