Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...

Article about: Hello, first of all, I realize that this is my first post here. I don't want to give the impression that I came here just for help. I looked for the appropriate place to introduce myself and

Might be a good idea to post pics of the pistol
    you intend to purchase. It should have some
    Waffenampt stamps and proof markings.
    I'd be wary of one with RZM on it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...
    P
    Many

The M 43 cap is hardly derived from the working class. It was modeled on Austrian mountain troops of the Imperial and Royal army, and is, ergo based in
    the absolutist and estate based form of European state and society. Workers wore a laborer's cap, akin to the field cap with the peak of the old army.

Notice variety of headwear in 1932 election. Notice SPD poster (i.e. Liste 1) and headwear. black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-04-2016 at 03:34 PM.

?

Thanks for the offer, I will do that. But I have done a ton of research on it already. Guns are my wheel house. I am a lot more comfortable in that world than I am the cloth headwear arena..... It is a 1935 pre war rzm with eagle over N acceptance stamps. Orange and brown bakeolite one piece grips and 90 degree safety. Has 90% plus bluing with slight loss at the end of the barrel from the holster (as expected). Holster is a brown Otto Zindel with cover flap and party eagle stamp on inside of flap. Comes with one magazine with finger extension in same brown/orange as grips and one extra magazine without the extension. serial number in the 800XXX range. Beautiful pistol made when there was less than .00005 tolerance in parts machining. If only I knew as much about these other items, I wouldn't be so scared to buy something. So far my collection consists of a m42 single decal luftwaffe helmet, an MSM 1938 gas mask with canister, a late model rzm m7/45 HJ knife and a three piece nsdap pennant (38cm x 81cm). Oh and a series two iron cross medal with ribbon. Too afraid to buy anything else. Almost have enough for my collection anyway. We also have a US collection centered around a 1917 (year model) colt 1911 pistol. Gonna try and cover all the major countries weapons. Thanks again for your help and advice.

Eric

CBH
    ?

I hope you'll post some photos of the pistol when you get it . SS headgear is the true Deep End of collecting anything TR , with demand always outstripping supply . So fakers fill that void .

Quote by big E View Post
    I am buying a walther ppk (rzm stamped) .32 pistol this weekend Eric
    They do exist. BUT be VERY careful, and do not part with any money until you have taken pictures of the stampings and gotten some advise. It's a lot of money to part with if it's wrong, and if it's cheap......then it is wrong

You get a horrible "trigger bite" from the 7.65's ...I have a 1944 police issue PPK and after 20 rounds I just want to put it down

The black cap and the insignia are all of current manufacture. Welcome to the forum. Posting here first has saved you a great amount of money undoubtedly.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The M 43 cap is hardly derived from the working class. It was modeled on Austrian mountain troops of the Imperial and Royal army, and is, ergo based in
    the absolutist and estate based form of European state and society. Workers wore a laborer's cap, akin to the field cap with the peak of the old army.

Notice variety of headwear in 1932 election. Notice SPD poster (i.e. Liste 1) and headwear. black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...
    I freely admitted that I am a newbie and know practically nothing about the facts of this hobby. I became interested in it for the same reasons as most of you probably did, the imagery is fascinating and chilling and just draws me in. It's certainly not because I'm a true believer with all the facts. That said, the m43 cap reminds me of a working man's hat, or a private's hat in the US army, where as the visor hats come across as leadership. It's purely a visual thing I was remarking about. I have no idea what the origins of the cap are, but if I saw two guys standing there in uniform and one was wearing the m43 and the other a visor cap, I'd make the assumption that the guy in the visor was in charge and the other guy was his lesser.

I wonder when the absurd looking lace-up high boots went out of fashion. You see them quite often in the early meetings and rally photos and then they just kind of vanished. Maybe guys got tired of lacing 900 eyelets everytime they put on their boots in the morning and just went to the pull on riding type boots instead.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks guys for all the great information. I've been studying this site for a while as a visitor before joining the other day. I will certainly make a donation to the site soon as I do not believe in being a free loader. That said, I am a working stiff on a tight budget. Perhaps this is the wrong hobby for me.....lol. We (my son and I ) started off with two inherited items that got the ball rolling, For now, I think we'll stick to the small stuff until we learn more. Thanks again.

Quote by big E View Post
    I have no idea what the origins of the cap are, but if I saw two guys standing there in uniform and one was wearing the m43 and the other a visor cap, I'd make the assumption that the guy in the visor was in charge and the other guy was his lesser.
    He wouldn't agree... :

black m43 ss cap (clemens wagner stamped) help please...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast