Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Black SS officer visor named

Article about: Gents wanted to run this one by you to make sure. Looks good from my perspective, but better safe than sorry. Thank you for your opinions!

Default Black SS officer visor named

Gents wanted to run this one by you to make sure. Looks good from my perspective, but better safe than sorry.

Thank you for your opinions!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS officer visor named   Black SS officer visor named  

Black SS officer visor named   Black SS officer visor named  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS officer visor named
    P
    Many

The white piping and inner cap sweat band look funny to me..but would rather wait for more qualified hands to view this cap. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The white piping and inner cap sweat band look funny to me..but would rather wait for more qualified hands to view this cap. Regards Larry
    These images are sup optimal as concerns vital details. Among the doubts for me is simply the association with the infamous Horst Boehme of
    SD and or Heydrich fame.

Send me the cap, and I will tell you for sure. It is a middle date SS officer's cap, ca. 1937 or so, from an accepted Hersteller.

I cannot tell about the badges. You generally do not see the Overhoff badge on black officer's caps, but that is an impression.

Other aspects are authentic, but when you post blurry pictures, the effort becomes muddled.

The Boehme piece sets me off.

Also, there is glue on the peak.

The other signs of age make sense to me.

Send it to me or to Bob Coleman and we will tell you.

Does the seller know who Horst Boehme in fact was?

The SS rank lists are everywhere, so there is no riddle in it.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-14-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Black SS officer visor namedBlack SS officer visor namedHere is another cap made by this firm, owned by a leading collector.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-14-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Do bear with me if I have forgotten the name of this RZM license, but they made these caps, to be sure.

Black SS officer visor namedBlack SS officer visor namedBoehme (middle) in Praha looking admiringly at the man.

Thank you very much FB. Ross is going to check the signature. I will ask for a hands on inspection to be sure and may have it sent directly to you. Seller states he never had it researched but it's a hard name to over look!

In cases like this, of course, the answer is simple. You measure the size of the cap with the trusty device and you secure the man's personnel file, with the headsize
    as well as other measurements.

If they match, then I eat my hat. If they do not, at least the association with Boehme is dubious.

Nothing is simple, which is why I care not a jot for personality items.

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Thank you very much FB. Ross is going to check the signature. I will ask for a hands on inspection to be sure and may have it sent directly to you. Seller states he never had it researched but it's a hard name to over look!
    Thanks. I am happy to help you. If it is real, looking at is fairly obvious. I own quite a few of these, but this one is slightly different, but not without the impossible.

You should really get the man's file from the research people, and figure out the man's size of noggin.

Boehme is not an especially rare name, but the number is his SS number. But such a thing is hardly a secret.

The rank lists are everywhere.

Boehme did not survive war's end.

Nor do I imagine his family wanted to keep his things around for the post war enjoyment of all concerned, considering the attitude towards out of work SD officers in 1947 or so.

If the thing had a more mundane name in it, I would be less chary. And some fool could have sexed it up with the dorky name to increase the allure of an authentic cap.
    The German handwriting and SS number are well rendered. You could also have the paper and such analyzed, but that is outside my knowledge.

I know about black SS uniforms and somewhat about SS personnel.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast