Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Black SS officer visor named

Article about: Gents wanted to run this one by you to make sure. Looks good from my perspective, but better safe than sorry. Thank you for your opinions!

Black SS officer visor namedBlack SS officer visor namedThis uniform is from an SS officer in the Egerland. It was or was not found by a US soldier and preserved.

- - ------- - -

The collar patch was restored.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS officer visor named
    P
    Many

I had the head size pretty close, 59 or 60 I had figured but for men of this caliber... an excess of gray matter is not required, or even necessarily a good thing.

SS is very complicated and fraught with danger. In the olden days it was not so complicated, but fraught with danger.

Some younger collectors with have to start saving soon to take these off the hands of, in the case of FB, their curators.

The lively subject of the authenticity of SS regalia - when a piece pops of that's actually worthy of study - is actually a boon to the memory of the darkness that prevailed, as millions disappeared from the face of the earth...

Don't get me wrong: these people would have murdered me, and their present day acolytes, who are again on the mach, want to murder me now.

Moreover, there are those here greatly vexed by a somewhat scholarly approach to old Nazi junk. They seek to discredit me, as the first step.

My goal is to foster more knowledge, but never to endorse the political goals and methods of an idea which has enduring appeal and enormous violent potential.

Our study of the minutiae constitutes no embrace of these repugnant methods.

The knowledge about the symbols, ideas, institutions and personalities of organized political violence is a requirement of good citizenship.

57 cms was an average size of German head in said period, I read in one of the RZM thingies.

Black SS officer visor namedBlack SS officer visor namedSince one of you remarked on research, here is the foundation document which I borrow from my colleague Dr. CMH, the core file card in the personnel records.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-27-2016 at 05:28 AM.

Black SS officer visor namedhere, the person's measurements, which were a big deal in the SS.

- - ------- - -

Kopfweite: size of noggin.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Don't get me wrong: these people would have murdered me, and their present day acolytes, who are again on the mach, want to murder me now.
    Their current manifestation would not exactly welcome me and my family either. And I'll leave it at that.

The "minutiae", as you called it, is the only thing of concern here.

Kopfweite 56, the size of every hat I have actually. The typical frontal lobe was not so pronounced...

Quote by seventyeighth View Post

The "minutiae", as you called it, is the only thing of concern here.
    It's hard to tell people what they're to think - or not - when they see SS items.

I do a lot of thinking.

To separate the items from the history is not a luxury for everyone. Just simply this is a $6000 or this one maybe $10,000 hat.

To be able to purely look at these as a collector's item without considering the history is possible for some, but totally impossible for others. There are people out there who would jump out of their shoes and go through massive PTSD seeing one of these.

That's what I meant when I said "The lively subject of the authenticity of SS regalia - when a piece pops of that's actually worthy of study - is actually a boon to the memory of the darkness that prevailed".

These items bring up what happened better than any other Third Reich items that I can think of.

There's no need to hide from that, or pretend that it isn't so. I'm thankful for these items, for they balance the forum out from the daily admiration of more pedestrian field gear items like canteens, flashlights and bayonets, the little necessities of everyday soldiers lives, and help us - some of us - remember who those soldiers were fighting for, beyond their own immediate lives.
    Last edited by Larboard; 01-28-2016 at 08:56 PM.

I personally love the pieces and history. I started out collecting collar tabs about 5 years ago never dreaming of owning pieces like this. I like to hold a visor like this and think about what it would have been like during that time. I am certainly not behind the people who committed the attrocities.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast