Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black SS Officer Visor - privatly tailored

Article about: Hi there, at the moment I build up a SS VT Obersturmführer who needs some cloth headgear. A friend of mine got this visor from a picker he knows. I personally never handled a black officer v

Default Black SS Officer Visor - privatly tailored

Hi there,

at the moment I build up a SS VT Obersturmführer who needs some cloth headgear. A friend of mine got this visor from a picker he knows.
    I personally never handled a black officer visor before so I thought you can maybe help me a bit with this one.

I have already compared the cap with some of the visors from the authentication thread here and with books, but these private purchase pieces are rarely seen between all the textbook examples. The company on the sweatband really exists and is specialized in selling hats ( already did my homework ).

Now I let the pictures talk.

Best from Germany

FalliBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailored
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS Officer Visor - privatly tailored  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS Officer Visor - privatly tailored
    P
    Many

This is bad and is made up of some old parts.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

its rubbish.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    its rubbish.
    Don't sugar coat it for the guy now will you Harry?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

As Ade said, old hat parts, none of which started life as a black SS officer hat, put together to decieve. The fakers never spend money on genuine insignia so they will be found without any. Fake insignia is a sure give away. Always beware of hats lacking the insignia.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A ridiculous hat made solely to steal money from naive collectors...Not even a good stage prop..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    As Ade said, old hat parts, none of which started life as a black SS officer hat, put together to decieve. The fakers never spend money on genuine insignia so they will be found without any. Fake insignia is a sure give away. Always beware of hats lacking the insignia.
    Well said. Sorry not to answer your pm. Was away. The enclosure is really ein Schreckensbild.

Black SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredA Mueller cap of the epoch 1935 or so with the maker's mark intact.

- - ------- - -

but this cap was retailed by the RZM.

This cap is that in the Wilkins book. It was found by Shea in a New York hock shop at some point.

I have never seen another Mueller cap with the trade mark, versus the numerous Mueller caps either with the runics or a black interior.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-17-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Black SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredBlack SS Officer Visor - privatly tailoredReal black SS officer's caps are very rare, and generally, in the 1937-1938 variety, conform to the parameters we have illustrated here.

There are surely caps with no RZM marks, as this one, marked "elegant,"

Thank you all for your replies ! I already had a bad gut feeling but it`s better to double check it. I can now clearly see the differences between the original ones and mine.
    In case of reference material this page is better than most of the books out there ! Not to forget the knowledged collectors here ! Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast