Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Black SS Visor

Article about: by jft Dear Friedrich, Bob and all the other members of this forum who reacted. Thank you for all the information and photos you posted. For more than 35 years I thought I own a precious vis

Default Re: Black SS Visor

Black SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorAnother Sonderanferitigung of the year 1935.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS Visor
    P
    Many

Black SS VisorHere are the non special make caps, with the black interior. Here is C. Wagner more or less of the year 1937 or so.

Black SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorHere is the more common type with the black interior of the era 1938-1939. This is the kind one is most likely to find. Shea has one for sale. The 1937 cap illustrated above is for sale on the B Herman Grenadier website. I am not paid for writing thus.Black SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS Visor
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-24-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Black SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorBlack SS VisorOf course, you cannot really examine these images very well, nor can you smell or feel them, either. There are imponderables in all of this, to be sure. Such is why I am happy with my Tuchbuch, with its description of textiles.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-24-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Hi jft-
    Compare your caps with the many caps posted by FB. The lining, underside of the visor and cap material are quite evident in their differences in quality. The other aspects I mentioned are noticeable to an eye trained by experience in handling genuine examples.
    Stoney-
    It has been a long time since I have seen one of those early Beinhorn fakes. Next time I see you, remind me to tell you the story about where I got it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Hi jft-
    Compare your caps with the many caps posted by FB. The lining, underside of the visor and cap material are quite evident in their differences in quality. The other aspects I mentioned are noticeable to an eye trained by experience in handling genuine examples.
    Stoney-
    It has been a long time since I have seen one of those early Beinhorn fakes. Next time I see you, remind me to tell you the story about where I got it.

Once more, my thanks to Bob Coleman for his aid here.

jft
    ?

Dear Friedrich, Bob and all the other members of this forum who reacted. Thank you for all the information and photos you posted. For more than 35 years I thought I own a precious visor which is worth a lot of money. You all put me (concerning this item) back on earth. In my first message I wrote you I have more items of WW2. If you want, I can share them with you. For quite a long time I searched on internet for information about the visor. Nowhere I found more information and knowhow than on this forum. For that I want to thank you all. Because of a few days abroad I was not able to write earlier. Thanks again, jft

?

I commend you for your exemplary reaction in the face of hearing bad news about your hat which is never easy.

Quote by jft View Post
    Dear Friedrich, Bob and all the other members of this forum who reacted. Thank you for all the information and photos you posted. For more than 35 years I thought I own a precious visor which is worth a lot of money. You all put me (concerning this item) back on earth. In my first message I wrote you I have more items of WW2. If you want, I can share them with you. For quite a long time I searched on internet for information about the visor. Nowhere I found more information and knowhow than on this forum. For that I want to thank you all. Because of a few days abroad I was not able to write earlier. Thanks again, jft
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Believe me that I had to learn the hard way over a long stretch of time and at some considerable expense. We can help you find a real one, if you want, and have a great deal of spare treasure. It is also true that the popular maroon website is fairly barren when it comes to knowledge of this type, or of congenial personages who might analyze your material without a sledge hammer or a chain saw.

Any one else out there among you seekers is free to correct my errors, which I am sure are many and my responsibility entirely.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast