Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Blue piped SS schirmmütze: Could it be real?

Article about: Here I know this is the worst photo in the world, but from what I've seen these stand a chance. Can we use this as an opportunity to learn how to spot fakes, like with a list of things to ch

But wasn't there something with the mustaches? How can you tell if it's a cast fake? Because the details are so shallow?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blue piped SS schirmmütze: Could it be real?
    P
    Many

I would just let this one go....

Okay, it was worth a shot.

A 1970s Bw Fahrtruppen cap with loopy, fake SS insignia. The caps of both German armies in the cold war are routinely wrenched backward in this way.
    Bw=Bundeswehr.

Blue piped SS schirmmütze: Could it be real?Blue piped SS schirmmütze: Could it be real?Blue piped SS schirmmütze: Could it be real?Blue piped SS schirmmütze: Could it be real?Blue piped SS schirmmütze: Could it be real?Blue piped SS schirmmütze: Could it be real?A real grey SS cap. With real insignia. Not found on trees, hock shops, swap meets, pots at ends of rainbows, of somewhere over the rainbow et cetera.

We have nothing but fake SS cap insignia on this site (as well as more real SS cap insignia....), so do look at the many, many threads, where the same little bit of knowledge is chewed over again and again, thereby furnishing you or others with the tutorial you might seek, but which the rest of us have given dozens of times over the span of years.

Field grey and the kind of light slate grey worn by the Bw are very different, indeed.

We have a nice area here on Bw uniforms, and you can also widen your horizons by looking there, too.

The east German Grundfarbe was derived from field grey, but it, too, diverged in key respects from the field grey of the epoch prior to 1945.

Real grey SS caps are very rare and concentrated in a few places, unjust and wretched as that may seem.

They do appear like some kind of spectacular event from unknown places, but not so frequently as to be meaningful.

Fake SS caps have been made since the 1950s and surely the 1960s on an industrial basis and are legion.

I was just going for the insignia. And by the way I've seen your uniforms and stuff and you are a legend.

Quote by Luftwaffe Hauptmann View Post
    I was just going for the insignia. And by the way I've seen your uniforms and stuff and you are a legend.
    Thanks and good luck in your search.

?

Quote by Luftwaffe Hauptmann View Post
    And by the way I've seen your uniforms and stuff and you are a legend.
    I agree with the above statement!

Mr. Luftwaffe Hauptmann
    If you would like to learn more about SS cap insignia I would recommend you study the accepted originals presented many times in this and the SS cap insignia forum. The market is flooded with phony SS sculls and eagles. The quality of which ranges from terrible to very good reproductions. Many of these things are made to fool. Good Luck!
    Blue piped SS schirmmütze: Could it be real?Blue piped SS schirmmütze: Could it be real?Blue piped SS schirmmütze: Could it be real?

?

On my monitor, at least, that shade of blue looks like that for TSD, not the darker medical shade. Nevertheless, a bad cap, for certain.

BobS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast