Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!

Article about: Getting a little bit out of my realm again... this should be a good one because it is coming from an older collector who seems like a knowledgeable guy, but better safe than sorry. The is th

I agree, the hat is a good one.
    It has a KM NCO style visor, but I have seen it before.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!
    P
    Many

Thx Stonemint, that's great. It was already on my table with its old friends, had a decent feeling about it. If it has your blessing I'd say it's "guaranteed for life"

The only info from the owner is that it had come from the "NWR" region of Germany, Rhineland I think?

Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!

Last shot, almost too dark to take pics, "double handheld"... camera wobbling in one hand, hat wobbling in the other, early form of Image Stabilization ;-)

Sure is an unusual one - an 'odd duck'. Congrats on
    the A-OK from Stoney......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I agree, the hat is a good one.
    It has a KM NCO style visor, but I have seen it before.
    The purple like rayon lining is also typical of real Luftwaffe items. Extramuetzen for Lw NCOs are not especially common.

I had a fake of this kind in the 1960s, actually, and Mr. Mint is the voice of authority.

NWR is Nordrhein Westfalen, the most populous region of what in its time was West Germany. NWR was not a political administration in the III. Reich.
    It was founded by the British Army in the occupation.

Thx FB ;-)

I should have been clearer, indeed it came from there postwar, glad you cleared it up for the other viewers, and thx for the info.

"Extramuetzen" being the double stitched bill edging, or just the term for this edging in general?

A google search is inconclusive, but gets pics like this, very nice... but not completely helpful. But still very nice, bit of Germany ;-)

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...hspart=mozilla

Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!
    Quote by Larboard View Post
    Thx FB ;-)

I should have been clearer, indeed it came from there postwar, glad you cleared it up.
    I am a pedant without bounds.

Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!These young women on the lawn in front of the university where I studied are in Northrhein Westfalen....

- - ------- - -

If you look sideways, you can see them. They are still in Nordrheinwestfalen even at a 90 degree angle and look very nice that way, too.

Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Here they are right side up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast