Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!

Article about: Getting a little bit out of my realm again... this should be a good one because it is coming from an older collector who seems like a knowledgeable guy, but better safe than sorry. The is th

I read Mr. Larboard's nice tutorial on photography. It has never been my strong suit.

You will have to be content with my mediocre images, as my hand is shaky, my budget all goes for my collection and my other temptations, and I do not see very well anymore..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I am a pedant without bounds.
    I knew we were kindred spirits... ;-)

Bitte Schoen

Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Extramuetzen" being the double stitched bill edging, or just the term for this edging in general?

Extramuetze is the cap made in better quality for extra wear versus the cap made for the Luftwaffe and issued to the airman.

The cap you enclosed is, I think, a wartime Extramuetze, not the commonly seen Lieferungsmuetze for the Lw seen in their thousands from the years 1935-9 and
    many of which survived in the Kleidungskammer.

I am not really very versed in Lw caps, but I have had them across the span of years and always liked them very much.

Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Do let me say, lest some misapprehension adhere, that my goal in this photo was the background, whence I attended class several decades ago, and learned my craft and trade.

Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!A picture of the university when I studied there in former times.

- - ------- - -

notice the mode of dress.

Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Geography is an important part of identification of German regalia.....

Ok, got it. A fancier cap. I should have known, Extra Muetze... getting late here. Unbelievable snowstorms last night, shoveling for 3.5 hrs today, very heavy snow, more tired than usual, and a little Scotch to ease body pains.

I have to agree, this Lufwaffe cap is surprisingly pleasing, a real "peaked" cap.

Thx to your help, I have the term Lieferungsmuetze under my belt now, just recently coming to own two. The first (I posted both then other day in the "Best of" thread) is the Artillerie NCO which is pure Tellerform, the second the Infanterie Lieferungsmuetze is a little bit of a hybrid having a little bit of a peak, but this Luftwaffe cap is very showy, having a nice [or even extreme] Sattelform.

I may have to pore over hundreds of pictures of Drittes Reich Schirmützen to see if I can find one that matches this maker's name, or what's left of it.

FB, that looks like the horse and carriage days?

Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!Cap Authentification Request for this Luftwaffe Flak NCO Schirmutze, Danke!why, yes, it surely is and that is about how old I really am....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3