Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dak cap good or bad

Article about: Hi there would really like some opinions on this cap as is it real and anything about the cap maker Opoika &Muller and possible value best regards Germanic 46

sound reference books on the subject are a good start. however, ' when I wor a rad ' these tomes were few and far between , hours were spent traipsing around fairs and the like attempting to soak up knowledge like a sponge whilst avoiding falling into the snakepit ! this post may go over a few people's heads if Joe Gladwin is unknown to them.
    Attached Images Attached Images Dak cap good or bad 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dak cap good or bad
    P
    Many

Quote by Germanic 46 View Post
    So why is it a reproduction to say so with no explanation don't mean much to me.
    In that case it is an original probably worn by Rommel himself and is worth a million.

So why is it a reproduction to say so with no explanation don't mean much to me.
    Welcome to the forum. We have all been there mate. It is a very hard pill to swallow. I hope you didn't put down a lot of cash on this and if you didn't, that would most probably be the first 'warning sign' that it is no good as far as being an original DAK cap. In the future try to ask these knowledgeable gents prior to purchase. The very best!

Welcome to the forum - and I hope this does not put you off - but the advice you have received from our members - is beyond question-

Sorry for your loss - but as stated before - we have all been there.

You can learn much here. This forum is head and shoulders above the rest

Forgive my observation but for someone with only three posts (all in this thread) and absolutely no info on your profile to give a "feel" for the collector behind it, there is a slight air of petulance here?

The forum is an information exchange and "exchange" is the operative word.

Anyone, and that is the issue, can sign up as a member and start asking things like "is this real and what's it worth?"

If I were a forger this is exactly what I would do and if you stick around you will often hear opinions advanced about someone "testing the water". A name to look into might be Pawel Novak.

Under these circumstances you have been given opinion by experienced members (which would be obvious if you checked their posts in other threads) and even if the cap were original this is not a valuation service so we don't like to offer potential prices.

The cap shown here is not good but again, under these circumstances to give chapter and verse in open forum would be a free advice service for the faker on how to better cheat collectors.

I am sure you are genuine in your interest and as such you are very welcome here. However, you will get much more out of the forum if you take time to see how the members interact. Then, when you have a question tell us about the item, where it came from, what you are concerned about and what your opinion is (even if it is that you lack experience and just can't work it out). In short, contribute to your own discussion.

In short, don't just say "what is it and how much?" then get cross when you don't like the answer.

I say this in honest friendship to help you get the most out of being a member here. This is a virtual club and like any actual club it has ways of working and general etiquette.

So, welcome again now tell us about this charming chapeau and if you like a little about your interests and experience as a collector

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-17-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2