Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAK Officers M41

Article about: Guy, Looking for some help with this. I say its a "No". But there are some aspects to it that look good (to me at least). What say ye! Thanks Michael

MAP
    ?

Default DAK Officers M41

Guy,

Looking for some help with this. I say its a "No". But there are some aspects to it that look good (to me at least).

What say ye!

Thanks

Michael

DAK Officers M41DAK Officers M41DAK Officers M41DAK Officers M41DAK Officers M41DAK Officers M41DAK Officers M41
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Officers M41
    P
    Many

Sadly I do not feel that this is of the period. I think there are too many inconsistencies between known original officer M40 caps and this one, and to boot, an orange
    piped cap would be exceptionally rare as well. (Field Police), hopefully it hasn't cost too much, and could be used as a good 'filler'.

Having said the above, I defer to more experienced collectors of DAK field caps, but I don't hold out much hope for it mate,... sorry.

Best wishes

Bob

MAP
    ?

Thanks Bob. No worries, no money lost. My friend was looking at it and already passed but we thought to ask for second opinions...just in case.

What do you see that you don't like? For me I would expect a much finer quality twill. Further, there is no age to it and the little wear/dirt you can see on the inside of the sweat band looks recent. Also not sure about the rivets. They appear to be placed in the correct position but not sure about their construction. The stitching and construction of the soutash looks well done.

I could be totally wrong about my observation however.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Basically it is all about the way the cap is made, nothing on this one would inspire confidence at all, as an example have a look at known
    originals and see where the bill joins the cap at the side, where the air vents are, not even close on this one. Bad grommets, well.... wrong
    everything really .... Glad you are not out of pocket at least mate.

Best wishes

Bob

This one looks like a movie prop imo, the more i look at it the more i see its well made..the vents are off and ive never seen that but, id get some more opinions on it
    Last edited by wizardman; 01-23-2016 at 09:23 AM.

?

Hello Michael,

Bob is right in his observations of this cap. The cap is a fake that doesn't stand up at all against originals. I've attached pictures of an untouched original with period removed soutache that I picked up very recently. You should be able to compare them easily.

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Officers M41   DAK Officers M41  

DAK Officers M41   DAK Officers M41  

DAK Officers M41  

MAP
    ?

Thanks to everyone. Glad our instincts were right to pass on this one, but getting the further insight was an important learning tool.

I did try to look for known originals but did not find any here or in my few headgear reference book....thus my turn to all of you!

thanks again!

Michael