Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does it exist? Ukrainian Brown Visor Cap

Article about: Curious if this is a fantasy item or real. Was there a group of Ukrainian troops that wore a brown visor cap?

Default Does it exist? Ukrainian Brown Visor Cap

Curious if this is a fantasy item or real. Was there a group of Ukrainian troops that wore a brown visor cap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does it exist? Ukrainian Brown Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Possible YBB or POA Officers Cap? Can't locate anything showing similar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does it exist? Ukrainian Brown Visor Cap  

2 inside shots
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does it exist? Ukrainian Brown Visor Cap   Does it exist? Ukrainian Brown Visor Cap  

?

Hello Von Ritt,

the only one to know if something like this has ever existed is Wim Saris. This cap, IMO, is not an authentic WW II item - the peak, the piping, the cap cords, the insignia are too new for that. Any chances to get better and more pictures? Of the underneath of the peak e. g. and "under the hood shots"?

Another thing: there are two rings of blue (?) piping around the centerband but silvery piping around the crown, and the fabric of the Vorstoß - the fabric that goes around at the bottom of the cap - seems to have another colour than the crown.

I don't know what this tries to be - at first I thought NSKK Transportkorps Speer, which it is not - but would be interested to hear if something like this has ever existed.

I agree with Erwesa--cap is fake.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thank you Gentlemen. Such intelligent people. Many thanks.

I am not familiar with this model of cap and can't really comment on it but one statement should not mislead collectors:
    "and the fabric of the Vorstoß - the fabric that goes around at the bottom of the cap - seems to have another colour than the crown."
    Many caps, and especially high quality ones, have a different material at the base of the cap band. In fact, it is often the indicator of authenticity.

?

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I am not familiar with this model of cap and can't really comment on it but one statement should not mislead collectors:
    "and the fabric of the Vorstoß - the fabric that goes around at the bottom of the cap - seems to have another colour than the crown."
    Many caps, and especially high quality ones, have a different material at the base of the cap band. In fact, it is often the indicator of authenticity.
    d'alquen: I agree with you 100 % - as you say, the material often is different, yet the colour always about matches the colour of the body of the cap. Here it seems to be a quite different colour, not brown but bluish-grey, almost like LW. Better pictures would have helped, it is not easy to see.

This visored cap reminds me in some ways about the headgear as worn
    since 1939 by youngsters from the "Grosses Militär-Waisenhaus" with
    additionally added a wreath. And these boys did not wear cords, as far
    as I know (HH auctioneers tried to give us the impression), but a black
    chin-strap. Further they did not have a greyish piping at the green cap
    band (as I suppose the cap band is green), but white or aluminum pipings.

further shown a piece of cloth about the actual color for the top:

I have no idea what organization it was worn with. At this moment I
    do not have any idea, sorry! There are a lot of people that fiddle around
    to make a buck!

?

Thank you Wim!

Here is the cap Wim is talking about (see here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...otsdam-682620/). One can see that the colour of the Vorstoß at the bottom and the colur of the crown match.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast