Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DRK EM visor

Article about: Hi all, this one came up on eBay recently and I was thinking of pursuing it, as long as everything checks out. DRK items don't seem to really be faked that much, but you never can be too car

Default DRK EM visor

Hi all, this one came up on eBay recently and I was thinking of pursuing it, as long as everything checks out. DRK items don't seem to really be faked that much, but you never can be too careful. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Todd

DRK EM visorDRK EM visorDRK EM visorDRK EM visorDRK EM visorDRK EM visorDRK EM visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK EM visor
    P
    Many

Hi, this seller is notorious for selling garbage, re-worked, hats for big prices. I would not buy ANYTHING from a dealer such as this, good or bad. If you look in the past stickys about e=bay garbage and what not, this sellers name pops up over and over. This particular hat I am not sure of, but with sweatband torn out, and sweat shield missing, raises red flags for me. probably a post-war visor with a old chinstrap added to make look older. Wait for opinions from some of the real experts, but my advice is to run, run far, far away!

If it is from one of the aforementioned sellers...

Believe it or not, it is a real one--even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then (I am referring to the dealer!)

However, it is missing the wreath, and the visor is re-sewn, and the sweatband is lost to time.
    Not worth the hassle and/or expense of buying the missing parts.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

It will need the M-38 eagle (they are hard to find), and the DRK wreath:
    Attached Images Attached Images DRK EM visor 

Thanks everyone. I've bought some cheap tinnies from this seller before, but was always aware that his visors and tunics, which he lists a million of, were garbage. That's why I was surprised to see something authentic. I'll stay away fur sure.

Yes, once in a while something real, but I can't in good conscience support a seller like this... It is a nice visor though, has very nice form... for the person who's got those emblems laying around.

What, pray tell, was he asking for it?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    It will need the M-38 eagle (they are hard to find), and the DRK wreath:
    Like this one?
    What appears to be chips in the enamel are magnified by the photography. They can barely even be felt.
    Ralph.

DRK EM visor
    DRK EM visor
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-12-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Asking price of $590 usd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast