Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

early NSDAP kepi ... opinions

Article about: I do not like this kepi at all. The chin cord is constructed of incorrect material. I also am not fond of the cap 's material either. Here are two period original kepis. Note the front butto

I do not like this kepi at all. The chin cord is constructed of incorrect material. I also am not fond of the cap 's material either. Here are two period original kepis. Note the front button is not the political leader form of button with an eagle. It is also very unusual to find an early kepi with a sweat shield.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early NSDAP kepi ... opinions   early NSDAP kepi ... opinions  

early NSDAP kepi ... opinions   early NSDAP kepi ... opinions  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early NSDAP kepi ... opinions
    P
    Many

In such pristine condition, I would like to know its history these last 80 years before considering it original. Was it locked in an airtight safe?

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    The metalwork looks fine, as for the rest, in such pristine condition, I would like to know its history these last 80 years. Was it locked in an airtight safe?
    Did you read the previous critique by Bob?....the kepi is not what it appears to be.

You're right, Nigel. After reading Bob I look again and suspect the originality of the top eagle, and the bottom button looks original but not meant for this position, Thanx!

?

thank you Bob, and what you think about this early S.A. kepi?early NSDAP kepi ... opinionsearly NSDAP kepi ... opinionsearly NSDAP kepi ... opinionsearly NSDAP kepi ... opinionsearly NSDAP kepi ... opinionsearly NSDAP kepi ... opinionsearly NSDAP kepi ... opinions

Nigel: Do not understand: what has the black piping to do with this kepi?
    The early kepi's did not have the colored piping, just the silver or golden crown piping, due to rank/function.
    The regulations were not quite clear in the beginning. There was a silver or golden cord around the collar
    anyway. It is possible that just before the introduction for the visored cap this cord was also worn with the
    kepi, but when then only for a very short period of time. In the French Filippi book (Les coiffures militaires du
    troisime Riech) there is one which has the embosed eagle button also upon the kepi. This cap is a guaranteed
    original.

According to a manufacturer's cataloque the cap cord with the first shown kepi looks as it is the 1934-style as
    for Kyffhäuser. Pol.leaders cord merely had the ////// twisted cord.

?

Quote by cypher View Post
    Is 'milky' celluloid like this an instant giveaway?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Nigel: Do not understand: what has the black piping to do with this kepi?
    The early kepi's did not have the colored piping, just the silver or golden crown piping, due to rank/function.

According to a manufacturer's cataloque the cap cord with the first shown kepi looks as it is the 1934-style as
    for Kyffhäuser. Pol.leaders cord merely had the ////// twisted cord.
    Sorry for the misleading assumption, as I thought this might be affiliated with a Political leaders school.

S.A. KREISLEITER KEPI : Lot 409
    WWII GERMAN POLITICAL NSDAP LEADER COFFEE CAN CAP : Lot 3041
    Note the different interiors, looks like they (fakers) have made a few

?

Erno: my English is not so good, what you mean about celluloid?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast