Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ebay fake of the week

Article about: The "BRD Poseur" is one of the most common fakes sold on Ebay. However, people are buying them, and one could (as pathetic as it sounds) make a living selling re-badged BRD caps as

The "BRD Poseur" is one of the most common fakes sold on Ebay.
    However, people are buying them, and one could (as pathetic as it sounds) make a living selling re-badged BRD caps as TR.
    I try to stay on top of them, but there are just too many:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...oseurs-338398/
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ebay fake of the week
    P
    Many

Greetings,

New member/collector with a couple of years' experience here, thanks for having me.

I would like to refer to a seller on eBay UK by the name of hanoviabargainsta. He "buys and sells from European auction houses" and claims not to be a "militaria expert" but who happens to be selling a lot of "elite officer" caps etc. I'm sure it's the same person who had at least two other eBay IDs which no longer exist, as all his stuff ships from the same location, and is always in the same "aged" condition (with badges removed)

Pretty sure his gear is Mickey Mouse, but yet, he gets mostly good feedback (though read the Negative ones!) See for yourself and see what you think...

hanoviabargainsta on eBay

Interested to see other opinions

Cheers
    Mike

Mike,

First and foremost. Welcome to or forum.

Second, you need to post the actual images - not just links. Links change/break after time, so after a while nobody will know to which item(s) you are referring to.

The Forum's Original and EASY TO USE Image Hosting Feature

Cheers,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

This guy also pushes a lot of garbage fakes on Ebay as well: al3733

eBay Feedback Profile for al3733

This is another ebay seller to avoid at all costs:

lowe08155

lowe08155 | eBay

Hi all, yes it is an absolute disgrace that the sort of thing sells on eBay. But you can report the item from the listing to get it removed. I have done this on a couple of visors I've seen on eBay and complained that the item is fake and they are selling it as genuine item. You can sometimes get them removed by saying they are offensive. Anything is worth a try to stop this scum from their ill gotten gains.

To my earlier post, some pics of hanoviabargainsta's fine goods he has for sale.

This is an "Elite Officer's" cap: his caps always are the exact same shape, same pattern of ageing, always an Erel, usually have an outline of the Totenkopf, and "come with correct badges fitted" - because I'm sure you'd pull the badges off your 70 odd-year-old SS cap just so you could put pictures on eBay...

Ebay fake of the week

Ebay fake of the week

Ebay fake of the week

He's also got a Kreigsmarine one as well; these are always from "famous" U-Boats, ie comes with the original badge specific to that U-Boat -

Ebay fake of the week

Ebay fake of the week

Ebay fake of the week

He's started the bidding at £49.99 on these, and has 1 bid each so far at the time of posting

And another "Elite Officer Cap" - he's careful not to show too much of the rather new-looking interior on this one -

Ebay fake of the week

Ebay fake of the week

Thing is with these characters is they are careful how they word their descriptions. Here he doesn't actually claim these are original, but "sold as seen", so if you end up with one - and of course he doesn't accept returns - you can't really argue him to say it's not original.

Rule is, don't buy off eBay!

Correct first pic added -

Ebay fake of the week

?

i've bought a cap from "hanoviabargainsta" recently, for around 60€, because i wanted to "scavenge" it for parts. Although i've never handled a complete original cap, theirs was not that bad. i liked the material they used, but i agree that their ageing is done really, really bad. like they tossed it around on a construction site for a week.

what i wanted to get off my chest as well is that i found an ebay seller, based in germany, that sells exclusively in the US, and this guy also tries to pass fakes or reproductions as original:
    marira3 on eBay
    he bought one of my homemade caps and recently sells it as "original" for over 600€ !

Helen, thanks for the tip.
    Marira3 is more notorious than al3733 on Ebay.
    All of his hats are BRD/DDR Poseurs:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ebay fake of the week   Ebay fake of the week  

Ebay fake of the week   Ebay fake of the week  

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast