Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ebay fake of the week

Article about: The "BRD Poseur" is one of the most common fakes sold on Ebay. However, people are buying them, and one could (as pathetic as it sounds) make a living selling re-badged BRD caps as

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Helen, thanks for the tip.
    Marira3 is more notorious than al3733 on Ebay.
    All of his hats are BRD/DDR Poseurs:
    yeah, that first one is the one, he ordered it from me.
    It's based on an old, incomplete police cap of which i only had the lower parts (visor, sweatband and the inner cardboard )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ebay fake of the week
    P
    Many

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Marira3 is more notorious than al3733 on Ebay.
    All of his hats are BRD/DDR Poseurs:
    I don't want to be a nit-picker, but the last cap is actually not a poseur as such: It's simply an ordinary cap of the present-day Kyffhäuserbund (badge and all).

(Of course, if it is expressly sold as a Third Reich-era cap, that is still dishonest.)

Hi, one must remember, when dealing with auction houses and on line auctions, their job is to sell. Not to know, authenticate, or guarantee anything at all, but to collect a commission for selling. An honest E bay seller who works hard and accepts returns is quite different than someone who just sells for a cut. When it comes to just being an all out crook, this is another animal altogether. Be it identity theft, stealing outright, robbing at gunpoint, or faking things of value, [coins, artwork, baseball cards , etc. etc.], wherever there is an easy dollar, they will be there looking for prey. I have seen fake $10 tinnies, I guess that if your printing money, you print fives and tens, not hundreds. These people have no morals or conscience. Sometimes I think of what they go through to run their scams is more work than an honest living. Some of these people are just sick, and get off knowing they have got away with doing something wrong. As collectors, we must arm ourselves against this evil element by being aware and knowledgeable. I could rant and rave all day on this, so instead I am going to take this time to thank everyone involved here, on this GREAT site. I have found more helpful people, than anywhere else, who give a part of themselves for the benefit of all, and this crazy hobby we are all caught up in.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I don't want to be a nit-picker, but the last cap is actually not a poseur as such: It's simply an ordinary cap of the present-day Kyffhäuserbund (badge and all).

(Of course, if it is expressly sold as a Third Reich-era cap, that is still dishonest.)

Andreas--yes, he is selling it as original Third Reich (as with everything he sells).....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

They still exist? I had no idea. One of the first insignia I ever purchased was a cap badge for the K-Bund. NH

100% positive feedback from 100% suckers who jave no idea what they are buying.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    They still exist? I had no idea.
    Sure do:

Start - Kyffh

?

Presently at ebay.de:

WW2 Original Schirmmütze Waffen XX Offizier schwarzes Samtband Visor Cap, € 1.995,--. There are loads of photos but these three will do:Ebay fake of the weekEbay fake of the weekEbay fake of the week

?

Another one:

originale Schirmmütze Polizei - Division

Ebay fake of the weekEbay fake of the week

F
    Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    The same person selling the WW1 German cap is also selling this bugle - supposedly a memorial to a fallen member of the MGC. The cords appear to be modern aged, and the bugle carries no maker's marks. The MGC badge soldered to the front shows a bit too much crispness to the detail for my liking. You would expect something like this to have been lovingly polished over the years, and some of the sharp edge of the badge would have been lost as a consequence. On closer inspection of the picture the crown appears to be separated from the crossed guns.

Attachment 689399Attachment 689400
    These bugles can be found on many sites and markets sold as originals with all kinds of badges added. Even reputable dealers seem to fall for them without really paying much attention. Most of the examples I have seen appear to come from the same makers in Pakistan / India. Let's face it if we think about it, kit that has been in the trenches has a look and patina worlds away from these tourist trinkets not to mention that they are simply "wrong" in themselves. This bugle would look right only in a theme pub!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast