Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ebay fake of the week

Article about: The "BRD Poseur" is one of the most common fakes sold on Ebay. However, people are buying them, and one could (as pathetic as it sounds) make a living selling re-badged BRD caps as

?

german ebay seller "letzterlorbeer" auctions a cap i made for him and tries to pass it off as original. At least, he stays very shady about it. The logo we stamp into my caps was cut out, and he claims that "the owner must have cut his name out there".....

here is the auction: Schirmm

and here is a picture of the very same cap, with the stamp intact:

Ebay fake of the week

what shall i do? report him?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ebay fake of the week
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice to see you around Helen and thanks for the heads up. Love that you stamp the items.

Not sure what happened but the eBay listing has since been taken down. If it wasn't you I would still report him. He might have pulled it down just until the controversy passes.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Helen, yes I would get in touch with the eBay police and inform them that this seller recently bought this cap from you as a reproduction, you should send them a picture of the original cap you sold to him. Explain your concerns that he is now trying to sell this as a genuine cap. Some unsuspecting novice will end up buying it otherwise for, no doubt a silly amount of money. We have to try and stop this scum from ruining our hobby. You can actually contact eBay by phone now so it is a lot easier to explain some thing you need to get across to them.
    Good luck Steve.

Sorry to hear about that, Helen--it is all too prevalent in the hobby, despite this forum (and others).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice to see you around Helen and thanks for the heads up. Love that you stamp the items.

Not sure what happened but the eBay listing has since been taken down. If it wasn't you I would still report him. He might have pulled it down just until the controversy passes.

Michael
    Michael, it is still there--you have to go thru German ebay to see it:

Schirmm

?

You know, what always gets me with these caps is just how disgusting they are. Truly revolting.
    Even if they were original, which they clearly are not, I don't think I would want them anywhere near my collection!
    A collector would save a lot of money if they just acknowledged one thing: German cap makers did not create garbage.

Does the faker take a dump on these in the can? Seriously, these are gross - I would not even want to touch them to throw them out! NH

Unfortunately, the fakers will keep making them as long as the ignorant (won't learn) and the stupid (cannot learn) keep buying them--which they do.

MAP
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Michael, it is still there--you have to go thru German ebay to see it:

Schirmm
    I see it now. Beautiful work by the way by Helen. Well, at the current bid €12.50 he's losing money . Maybe that will teach him.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Unfortunately, the fakers will keep making them as long as the ignorant (won't learn) and the stupid (cannot learn) keep buying them--which they do.
    Stoney-
    I have never heard a more eloquent way of describing the situation. I may borrow your statement now and then.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast