Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Elite panzer cap

Article about: Picked this up recently, has seen better days but seems like a good example. The body, back band and interior liner has been moth eaten, some of the piping too. I like the color of the pipin

Default Elite panzer cap

Picked this up recently, has seen better days but seems like a good example. The body, back band and interior liner has been moth eaten, some of the piping too. I like the color of the piping. The band is a bit loose but intact...no moth bites there. Any and all opinions appreciated, and thank you for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Elite panzer cap   Elite panzer cap  

Elite panzer cap   Elite panzer cap  

Elite panzer cap   Elite panzer cap  

Elite panzer cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Elite panzer cap
    P
    Many

Fake. Velvet band was added.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Velvet band was not added, there is stitching around portion of the velvet, the band is clearly sewn separate. The cap is to brittle and has aged too long.

I agree with Stonemint, its a bad one.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Randall View Post
    Velvet band was not added, there is stitching around portion of the velvet, the band is clearly sewn separate. The cap is to brittle and has aged too long.
    Randall,

I would trust Stonemints wisdom on these. He knows his stuff. You should check out his Panzer schirmmuetzen thread.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...uetzen-272697/

I don't pretend to be an expert, but as a novice, here are a few red flags....

1) Heer caps should not have velvet capbands, only felt.
    2) But besides that if we even look at the construction of the velvet cap band it is sagging all over. Not something that should happen
    3) What stitching are you referring to? You should really never see any exterior stitching on a Schirmmuetze, only the seams.

Also, here is my NCO Panzer Schirmmuetze as an example. Hope this help!

Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree that this is an obvious fake. Did you get this off Ebay? That is the place we always see a SS item called "elite." I know it is difficult to discover what you likely paid a dear sum for is not what you thought it was. Did you get it from a dealer or off Ebay. In either case, you should seek a refund as this is a real stinker. Stonemint has been studying visor caps exclusively for many years. You can trust his opinion.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 09-26-2014 at 06:15 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Agree with all it's a shame to see stinkers like this are still around I had my share of them in the day usually take a original Heer visor and sew a black band around slap some SS insignia on it and double or triple the price. Yours is unfortunately one done this way I once had one as far back as the late 70's just like it took years to finally figure out what happened in those days without internet and guys like you will find here that studied them for years I too would seek a refund if possible. timothy

Genuine branch piped SS visor caps are EXTREMELY rare. I have handled fewer than five in 58 years of collecting. One must always view a branch piped SS visor cap with an eye of a skeptic.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Ok, fair enough. For clarification: real heer panzer, added band? Or all fake? I am aware cap were reworked some years ago especially the advent of ebay. Again, I appreciate all opinions.

It was not a fleabay purchase but an antique shop purchase. I didn't spend a lot for it, but was perplexed with the construction, someone went to a lot of effort to rebuild this one.

MAP
    ?

To me, it looks like a real Heer Visor thats had the band added. Probably Panzer but they may even have dyed the piping. Would need to look very closely.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast