Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Fake cap, are my assumptions correct?

Article about: Hi guys, I saw this cap and thought it was most likely fake. I tried to figure out what I think is wrong with it, are my assumptions correct? Is this is an original Heer Infantry cap that ha

?

Default Fake cap, are my assumptions correct?

Hi guys, I saw this cap and thought it was most likely fake. I tried to figure out what I think is wrong with it, are my assumptions correct?

Fake cap, are my assumptions correct?Fake cap, are my assumptions correct?Fake cap, are my assumptions correct?Fake cap, are my assumptions correct?Fake cap, are my assumptions correct?Fake cap, are my assumptions correct?

Is this is an original Heer Infantry cap that has had it's green backing replaced with black to pretend to be SS? I see that the waffenfarbe is askew and there are no indentations on the black fabric where a totenkopf would have been sitting. Also the stitching surrounding the black fabric is super low budget IMO. If so, what a bummer, it was kind of a nice, though salty Heer Schirmmütze, I almost wish I could restore it.

Thanks,
    Eddie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake cap, are my assumptions correct?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fake cap, are my assumptions correct?

From first glance the piping has either come loose for whatever reason or something has been replaced leaving the odd miss-mash of parts. I personally don't like it, just because something looks salty and period doesn't mean it is; there are very good fakes out there which can age it like something from the 1930's in a day. However I am more inclined to believe it has tried to be repaired/replaced with some stuff and has ended up like this.

?

Ha! Shows what I know, this cap went for $2,500! Either someone who knows more about caps than I do got a good deal on an SS Schirm, or someone got royally hosed with some junk!

Doesn't look ss quality IMO I mean look at the piping at the top it doesn't even meet properly??

?

Looks like a put together/frankenstien to me if you look at the band it appears to be poorly added and poor material, junk to me

Yes, your assumptions are 100% correct.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thanks for the replies guys, seems like someone got totally hosed!