Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment

Article about: Here, for instance, is a Mueller of late make with some similar traits. Bruce Burnham was going to buy this cap and sent it to me at the start of the last decade.

Default Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment

I have my own opinion on these, but I am interested in the opinions of others. There are a few of these floating around, most in minty unissued condition (as this one is). The maker is Felix Weissbach of Glauchau (Fewegla), RZM # 27. (He was also a prolific maker of NSDAP visors.) Some say real, some say repro. This one was posted on the "red" forum, but I am sure we can have a more civil conversation about these hats here:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment   Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment  

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment   Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment  

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment   Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment

I would dont buy it when i can. I think its not good.

Here is another one. This one never had insignias:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment   Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I dont like it sorry. But wait to the coment of a real Expert off this. I dont like the Stamps.

I am no expert on these but concerning my opinion I do not like the leather at all!! Something I've been taught is to look at the plastic inside the caps. It's looks very new, doesn't have that hard crisp texture you would think a 70 yr old hat would have. Just my opinion. I also don't like the tag either. I believe there is a thread FB or ben started on these being faked.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-30-2012 at 06:28 AM.

For me the inside of the cap looks too new, whilst the the outside,even though it is made of trikot, looks "soft" and I think that the overall shape of the cap is not correct,especially in picture #3.
    Chinstrap looks flimsy as well and even if was proven to be original, this is not a pattern of cap that I would purchase, as I would rather keep my money for something that I knew was original with a bit more style to it.

I can only agree with all of the comments made so far. Further, the runes look too thin on the lining. The sweatband does not appear to fit well and the lining is a color I have never seen on a period cap. It would not be a piece for me.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I am not a fan either. The chinstrap material looks incorrect, and I don't like the sweatshield either.
    For the life of me, I cannot comprehend why these caps, which are far from scarce, command such inflated prices.

BobS

The cap is quite real. These existed in an unused state in wartime, as adverts in UM make reference to them. The examples are also made of a kind of extra Trikot found on Sonderanfertigung caps.
    I own one and am 100% convinced of its originality. I have seen Weissbach Sonderanfertigung caps of early make, as well, whereas this one is from 1939-1940.
    However, please yourself.
    The chinstrap is ersatz, which is found frequently enough.

?

I'm with FB too- I've encountered these under circumstances that convince me they're real. When you examine one in-hand, the materials and construction are correct for the period. Add to that the presence of original RZM tags. I suspect these were some of the last black caps made...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast