Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment

Article about: Here, for instance, is a Mueller of late make with some similar traits. Bruce Burnham was going to buy this cap and sent it to me at the start of the last decade.

Default Re: Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment

Quote by Arran View Post
    I'm with FB too- I've encountered these under circumstances that convince me they're real. When you examine one in-hand, the materials and construction are correct for the period. Add to that the presence of original RZM tags. I suspect these were some of the last black caps made...
    Thank you. The example without the insignia is probably quite spot on, as well, as concerns pieces that were never sold or issued. The tag is quite real and of the period.
    As colleague Arran notes, these caps are among the last of their type. The grey interior is also mentioned by Delich in his 1969 article on such caps.
    Further, the caps are perfectly made; the sweat leather is rumpled because the stitching on peak and sweat leather often deteriorates and loosens; the piping is done perfectly...which is not the case with fakes....
    I could go on.
    Of course, each one is entitled to their own opinion in said matters.
    Numerous Allgemeine SS units were raised in 1940 for such locales as those parts of Poland annexed to the Reich, as well as say, Alsace Lorraine and other places.
    There units still wore the black uniform, as shown in numerous images of the time.
    The Sonderanfertigung cap for enlisted ranks is, I believe, mentioned in the later price lists.
    Let me close with this. The collective wisdom that operates on many website is often ill informed, the product of blind group think, and often damages collectors with little experience and who are easily swayed by others.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-30-2012 at 07:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment
    P
    Many

I will say I have handled many Fewegla products (mostly HJ/NSDAP/Wehrmacht) but never one of these (and I hope to have that rectified by the end of the month). One thing about the political Feweglas is that many seem to be unissued, possibly indicating that when Glauchau was overrun, there was much in the way of unsold product that was liberated by the allies.

Here is another:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment   Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment  

Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment   Fewegla Black EM/NCO Visor for Review & Comment  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quick question. In most tr hats the plastic is all
    Most yellowish, very crisp/hard. These seem to have the plastic you would find in a 60's German hat. So my question is, is this due to it being made so late or the fact they are usually found in a unissued state? Thanks

Just trying to learn, this late style is one which I haven't encountered.

Glachau is in Saxony. I am not sure that it was first reached by the U.S., which someone can check. It was in the Soviet Zone.
    These caps were unsold in braune Laeden, i.e. uniform sales outlets, and likely also in other locales.
    The Peter Manzie cap is also 100% authentic. These brown sweat bands are fragile, and biodegrade as in the last example.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Quick question. In most tr hats the plastic is all
    Most yellowish, very crisp/hard. These seem to have the plastic you would find in a 60's German hat. So my question is, is this due to it being made so late or the fact they are usually found in a unissued state? Thanks

Just trying to learn, this late style is one which I haven't encountered.

The sweat diamond is cello as is normal for such III. Reich caps. It is not plastic as found in west German caps of the 1960s.

Glachau stands between Gera and Chemnitz.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The sweat diamond is cello as is normal for such III. Reich caps. It is not plastic as found in west German caps of the 1960s.
    My eyes mislead me. Apologizes, thanks for the response sir.

You have to have these things in your mitts to tell. These whacky pictures are misleading.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You have to have these things in your mitts to tell. These whacky pictures are misleading.
    Agreed!! And I have yet to have the pleasure.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Agreed!! And I have yet to have the pleasure.
    I am sorry to be a scold, but through the accident of fate and my own fixation on this subject, I have handled these and others.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast